MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

...meanwhile in Indiana. . . .

RUT JUNKEY

Ok, I'm way over the rain here! I'm so far behind on mowing, hanging stands and cameras, and more mowing!! I thought these were funny, so had to post. :D

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1436816540422.jpg
    FB_IMG_1436816540422.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 4,472
  • FB_IMG_1436837204254.jpg
    FB_IMG_1436837204254.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 2,246
Hey Jeff, I hadn't heard about the rains there. Is any of your land along the rivers and being flooded? Hear in NW Iowa it's been just adequate moisture so my river spot may actually hold some deer this year instead of being barren ground post flooding. It has been quite wet in western SD where my daughter is. Makes me wonder how is the rest of the west doing? Adequate rains for antler growth ?

I've been watching all that rain funnel up the Ohio River valley for at least three weeks, all the while it has been reaching drought conditions here at my house. Appr. a grand total of 1" in the last nine weeks, grass as brown as a chip and what few sprinkles we've gotten aren't enough to wet your shirt. This morning we're getting the dregs of a small system which formed in IN during the night and came screaming down this way overnight but it was pretty much played out by the time it got here but at least it will keep the 96+ temps at bay for a few hours.

I hear ya RJ! I sprayed my soybeans plots last weekend, except for the last one. It had carp swimming in it...

Live near the mighty Wabash River in western IN. It is high, not record high but high. The deer are being pushed out of the low lying areas. In fact they seem to like the roads more than normal this time of year. Saw an 8 pointer yesterday on way to work in the early AM.

I've lost about 10% of my potato acreage in IN so far due to the rains. Another inch yesterday didn't help anything but it sounds like we missed the really heavy stuff.

Hey Jeff, I hadn't heard about the rains there. Is any of your land along the rivers and being flooded? Hear in NW Iowa it's been just adequate moisture so my river spot may actually hold some deer this year instead of being barren ground post flooding. It has been quite wet in western SD where my daughter is. Makes me wonder how is the rest of the west doing? Adequate rains for antler growth ?

Its the most rain we have gotten for years. The Wabash is flooded but surprisingly not as bad as I have seen. . . .the Vermilion River Farm had a little damage with flooding. . .just standing water everywhere. . .best crop of the year will be the mosquitoes!!!! Tell the girls I said hey.

I hear ya RJ! I sprayed my soybeans plots last weekend, except for the last one. It had carp swimming in it...

LOL. . . . people think you are kidding. . .its been terrible. I've got a few cameras out, so hopefully in a few weeks I'll have some pics to share.

Around here in Illinois the river has been over flood stage for the past 5 weeks straight. There are fields that never got planted because it was always muddy, and they are up on top of the bluff out in the open flat ground! Just a bunch of weeds now. The last storms JUST missed my place and dumped softball sized hail with the rain. Oh yeah, that rain is making the river go UP even more.

I will be home in a couple of weeks to take the boy to IU ( big smiles from dad) and it looks like we should pack life jackets!! And I thought it was wet in CO this year :)

I will be home in a couple of weeks to take the boy to IU ( big smiles from dad) and it looks like we should pack life jackets!! And I thought it was wet in CO this year :)

Very nice. ( have him score us some B-Ball tickets!!) My oldest daughter starts at Ball State in August...( my old stomping grounds. . . mostly at the library!!) LOL

Very nice. ( have him score us some B-Ball tickets!!) My oldest daughter starts at Ball State in August...( my old stomping grounds. . . mostly at the library!!) LOL

I am a BSU grad (undergrad) and an IU grad (grad school). Are you speaking of the Library in the Village? :) I wouldn't have minded BSU but he got some serious $$$ from IU and direct admit to the Kelly School of Business. Waaayy above my level back in the day :hump: My wife has a Godson that is on the IU football team so I am hoping to swing a visit/Bucket trip in!!

I am a BSU grad (undergrad) and an IU grad (grad school). Are you speaking of the Library in the Village? :) I wouldn't have minded BSU but he got some serious $$$ from IU and direct admit to the Kelly School of Business. Waaayy above my level back in the day :hump: My wife has a Godson that is on the IU football team so I am hoping to swing a visit/Bucket trip in!!

LOL. Yes, the one in the Village. . .we had a code name for it. . ."The Chug" !! Good times. :D

LOL. Yes, the one in the Village. . .we had a code name for it. . ."The Chug" !! Good times. :D

I spent many a Thursday in that basement! It is one of the few things left in the village from when I graduated (91). Oh yeah, Greeks is still there too!!

I spent many a Thursday in that basement! It is one of the few things left in the village from when I graduated (91). Oh yeah, Greeks is still there too!!

We were there at the same time I'm sure!!!! I hope we didn't fight! LOL Great times!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back