Caribou Gear

Man Cave Part II

I would suggest a mister system for some disinfectant products to keep the pole clean and inviting for other bags to use on long weekends.

Man cave need bar! Man cave need fridge! Man cave need juke box!

Attachments

• 1532087_10201318494505264_1193059914_n.jpg
    1532087_10201318494505264_1193059914_n.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 811
  • 1545035_10201318494905274_1544559075_n.jpg
    1545035_10201318494905274_1544559075_n.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 884
  • 1555412_10201318494145255_611548865_n.jpg
    1555412_10201318494145255_611548865_n.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 879
Last edited:
Now, I’m not talking about the man cave where you sit with your Latte Latte and pop a tent looking at what you already killed on the wall. I’m talking about the man cave where all your gear goes. Your tents, sleeping bags, coolers, backpack gear, packs, re-loader, arrow fletcher, fishing poles, boots, hunting clothes etc?

:D:eek:

A gear storage place is not really a man cave, it is a storage cache. That's my point. Not saying they can't be combined but they should be classified differently.

I hear your pain. Jogging stroller and bike have also taken up residence on MY half of the garage. As long as gram's vehicle gets to sleep in the garage EVERYBODY is happy?

I have a cluttered room that was once neat and organized. It's actually part of the garage footprint and has currently oozed around the door and into the garage. I obviously can't help you dink but will be following the ideas.

That's just sick TJones.

...no Festivus pole.

Style points awarded if anyone can incorporate this into design and sell it to wife as a hanging sleeping bag storage and drying system.

A shoulder mount of a nice Colorado muley in velvet would look pretty cool secured to that pole with that uplighting!

Jeez guys,step back and take a reality check.
That looks like a mini Vegas mens sitting room in wanna be Cabellas house....lol

I guess normal folks terms for man cave have evolved into that and trophy rooms.
I always thought it was the garage and you only had that and the outdoors and would take friends out to check the new gun....then the fridge with beer & couch,heah I got a tv......

I have a spare bedroom for stuff to keep clean and the rest is in bins,coolers and stuff in a shed. Walls in house way too short for full mounts. And a different place for woodworking and such. Is nice to be solo and butchering in the kitchen is SOP in bad weather now,lol. I don't have near the gear or drive to get "away" to require a man cave that some do I guess.

OP,looks like you have high ceiling/trusses. Loft! Pully system to get stuff up.
Check logging mills for 1st cuts to cover the walls,can look like logs or sawn.
Put up some rigid or sheet insulation and it reflects light too.
Butchering/cooler area too? Plumbing in?

Maybe I need to put up a pole barn..............and I do live at Camp Hank as friends say.

Last edited:
I hope to someday finish my basement into a mancave. Right now, I have a huge walk-in closet where I store most of my more delicate stuff like sleeping bags, tents, and clothing. Some of the other stuff is in the basement in storage bins, and more of it is in dads building. Best of luck in getting it the way you want it. I can't wait until I can do mine.

Man cave need bar! Man cave need fridge! Man cave need juke box!
That is pretty sweet, but it is missing the sleeping bag drying rack. Or how it shall be marketed as.............. Sleeping Bag Drying System-------------SBDS
A gear storage place is not really a man cave, it is a storage cache. That's my point. Not saying they can't be combined but they should be classified differently.
A picture with the previous owners stuff in it. I don't get the loft area, the wife drew the line there. Lots of potential here, imagination and budget concerns aside.

Please listen to this guy.
That was the old Oak talking:D
Oak has my back when it comes to drinking beer. I swear that guy lived in Wisconsin in a past life.:D
He's a amateur!

That is pretty sweet, but it is missing the sleeping bag drying rack. Or how it shall be marketed as.............. Sleeping Bag Drying System-------------SBDS

A picture with the previous owners stuff in it. I don't get the loft area, the wife drew the line there. Lots of potential here, imagination and budget concerns aside.

He's a amateur!

That's where you sleep during the hunting season so as to not wake the wife up when you get up to go hunting :)

Lofts are great for Ice Chest and stuff like that. My shop is 6400 sq. ft. with about 1200 additional loft and about 1100 sq. ft. apt. used for guest and an office/gun room along with a full Kitchen. Keep us updated! John

I must admit that the big closet under the stairs (not pictured) is known in the house as the closet of death. Nothing but camo and thousands of rounds of ammo. Sleeping bags are hanging directly on the other side of the wall next to the reloading bench. And Oak is no amateur. .. he texts me often crying that beer is making him fat.

He's a amateur!

Lots of potential there with those high ceilings. A great blank canvas. Looking forward to seeing the final product

Back