Caribou Gear

Man Cave Part II

Dinkshooter

So my wife bought me a new house last week that comes with some serious man cave potential…………………

Now, I’m not talking about the man cave where you sit with your Latte Latte and pop a tent looking at what you already killed on the wall. I’m talking about the man cave where all your gear goes. Your tents, sleeping bags, coolers, backpack gear, packs, re-loader, arrow fletcher, fishing poles, boots, hunting clothes etc.

Anyone have ideas for set up of something like this? Things you have done to organize your gear? Shelves?, cupboards? closets?

Pictures? Dreams?

Congrats on the new house. No ideas, I've got stuff strewn all over in 2 different rooms, multiple closets and in my garage. Ridiculous....

I've got stuff strewn all over in 2 different rooms, multiple closets and in my garage. Ridiculous....

That is exactly what I'm hoping to cure, I have stuff in 3 places currently and it makes me bonkers.

Last edited:
Tell me you didn't sell your old house without giving a hunttalker first dibs at the... view.

We talking garage or indoors?

I am coming up with ideas to insulate and heat our detached garage to convert it into what you describe. Currently, I just have a giant mess out there.

I had basic shelves like this in old garage and while it worked it also gets pretty cluttered.

Attachments

• Cabinpics007 (1).jpg
    Cabinpics007 (1).jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 2,331
Style points awarded if anyone can incorporate this into design and sell it to wife as a hanging sleeping bag storage and drying system.

Attachments

• Rent-a-Stripper-Pole-for-Your-Bachelor-Party-and-Save-Money-in-Los-Angeles-Miami-New-York_edited.jpg
    Rent-a-Stripper-Pole-for-Your-Bachelor-Party-and-Save-Money-in-Los-Angeles-Miami-New-York_edited.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 1,109
Like I said I am still in the planning phase too, but here are some pics that I had saved when I have been working on ideas. I am planning to build this myself whenever possible.

I really want alot of work bench area, and rather than a bunch of drawers and cabinets, I like open shelves to store tubs and such
f521deab0ecab747_7132-w606-h403-b0-p0--industrial-garage-and-shed.jpg

Also I was looking to have a section of the bench be on casters, so I could move it around to work on stuff, or to have multiple people work around it processing game.
garage-cabinets-rolling-workbench-workstation-slatwall-wall-organizers.jpg

Liked this idea to keep stuff up off the floor. I was going to set it up to hang waders, packs, etc
DISENO~1.JPG

Basically lockers for different stuff
03830487080661415a22a814944e335a.jpg

I thought this would be a good way to store rods. Not totally sure about this, but it seemed like it might work ok.
1302654759_099.jpg

I've got a 30' x 50' shop that serves as such cave. Mostly it is covered storage for Mrs. Fin's boat. I would take some pics, but right now, having just got off the road and junk scattered all over, it is an embarrassment of the highest degree. Maybe pics later this winter.

It has drive-through doors on each end, fridge/freezer combo (and I can't even drink beer), a 20' x 25" attached dog kennel with dog door access to a 12' x 8' indoor dog kennel. South wall has 30' of household cupboards and counter top. Rest of the walls have shelves, with euro skull mountain brackets above the shelves on up to the rafter. Right now, I'm pretty much out of skull space, so leave yourself extra room for that.

Re: Sleeping Bag drier. It should also come with a forced air system that runs around the pole, as well as up the pole to ensure proper ventilation and loft when the stripper, er, bag is on said pole. Also, a good ventilation system will keep the perfume, or "odor" from permeating the garage.

As for the rest of your querry - I agree with a lot of what Minnesota Hunter has laid out there. I'm using our basement as my gear room/storage/reloading, etc and I wish I had a couple more benches. One thing to consider is an island storage system. I like having the ability to walk around it when I'm working on projects or just cleaning rifles. Provides a lot of storage for small stuff like holsters, game bags, knives, etc while maximizing floor space.

I have a cluttered room that was once neat and organized. It's actually part of the garage footprint and has currently oozed around the door and into the garage. I obviously can't help you dink but will be following the ideas.

That's just sick TJones.

...no Festivus pole.

Here is what I eventually want to do. Obviously make it applicable to you (height, width, and depth), . . . . mate. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81qYhWp3tYc

that's pretty sweet, I like the idea of a system that allows for adjustability. Whether that is wire racked shelves that mount to the wall or something like this video. Once I get to my garage I'm gonna have to remember that system, seems like it works great.

Now if I could just get myself to store my gear by function instead of autobiographically I'd be set.

Dink,

Are you telling us we are done getting pic updates of your hottie neighbor? I don't think I like this at all!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back