Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Last Day Nebraska Rifle Buck

Kevin W

My son (Kenny 14 yrs old) and I had a tough hunt for elk in Wyoming this past September the second week of November found us back in the comfort zone on the family farm in eastern Nebraska for a week of rifle season. We are fortunate to have some really nice timber / pasture / crop lands to hunt on my family's century owned farm. Long story short bucks were running does all week, we had seen a couple of nice bucks but nothing quite big enough for my son to get real excited about.
Before we knew it we were down to the last day of the season and with a nice snow the day before we were anxious to see what the last day would bring. The morning hunt was a good one with 20+ does seen and a handful of bucks, again just nothing big enough to consider taking. After lunch and a quick nap at the farm house we set up on a corn field bordering the timbered pasture behind the house that evening. After seeing 8 does and two small bucks we were getting close to prime time when out walks a nice doe trailed by the kind of buck we were hoping for. The shot would be 210 yards, Kenny was up to the task. His Savage 243 made quick work of the buck as he dropped where he stood. I think Kenny's smile says it all.

Attachments

• Kennys ne rifle buck.JPG
    Kennys ne rifle buck.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 885
Congratulations Kenny. That is a better WT than I have ever taken. You are also a much better shot than I was at your age. I expect great things in your future hunting career.

Ditto from me great buck first or last day. Went through Ne on way to Wy antelope hunting and the habitat looks great might try a hunt there someday. Way to go.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back