Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Kodiak canvas flex bow tent

At the moment I am not in the market for one of these, but have seen Cushman's in action and was pretty impressed.

I am curious if anyone has tried to get a stove jack sewn into one? It seems like a good source of dry heat would be awesome come late season to dry boots and stuff.

Google will churn up a few threads/pics with a wood stove in one. On another forum, TxTrapper did one and posted pics there and elsewhere. His setup was pretty slick. He used a metal pan as a heatshield for the floor. Other pics I've seen recently used a nuway propane/vented stove in them. Looks pretty sweet.

https://forums2.bowsite.com/tf/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=399366&messages=55&forum=5

I used a Springbar tent in MT many years ago for a deer hunt. I didn't have a stove, but a propane lantern warmed it nicely and fast!

If you can't tell, I'm researching heatable tent options. :D Taking the 12yo to WY hopefully this year and would like to do so in better comfort than what I've enjoyed.

I couldn’t wait so I set it up today. Super nice! Great quality tent. Definitely not a 8 person but that’s normal for any tent. I think 4 people could stay in it but will be tight with gear. Glad I didn’t pass it up for the money for sure.

Attachments

• C3AFC524-F25B-4C09-B459-17AA050ED4E7.jpg
    C3AFC524-F25B-4C09-B459-17AA050ED4E7.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 203
You're going to love it!! I usually camp two people with cots with a folding table along the long side between them. It's nice for a lantern and heater and somewhere to put your little gear and the morning's clothes. Plenty of room for gear storage under the cots and table.

I picked one of these up this winter also. Saw a deal on Amazon I couldn't pass up. I think I got the smallest one, but it should be very roomy for myself and gear.

They dont make the vestibule for the one I bought, has anyone here rigged something up to enclose the entrance?

That's a super price for a great tent, I have one just like it. They make that size with several options (more doors, windows), looks like you go the one with the large windows so condensation should not be a problem. I added the vestibule, which is a nice feature, but you could probably do just about as well with a cheap tarp and some stakes. I also bring along a extra pole and homemade spar to prop up the very middle of the outside canopy, mine tends to sag without it no matter how tight I try to set it up. Lot's of other good tips in this thread, glad I looked!

That's a super price for a great tent, I have one just like it. They make that size with several options (more doors, windows), looks like you go the one with the large windows so condensation should not be a problem. I added the vestibule, which is a nice feature, but you could probably do just about as well with a cheap tarp and some stakes. I also bring along a extra pole and homemade spar to prop up the very middle of the outside canopy, mine tends to sag without it no matter how tight I try to set it up. Lot's of other good tips in this thread, glad I looked!

Yea I couldn’t believe they marked it down that much just from a tear in the box. That pole for the awning is a great idea. That’s the only complaint I could have is the awning is kind of low. I think that will help a lot.

I have had one for three years now and love it. I was going to get the 10x10 tent but I went to the factory web site and they had the 14x10 on sale for less than the regular price of the 10x10. The only problem I've had is when it rains the awning out front sags a bit and you sure don't want to stand up to fast after you duck under that 3 gallon bubble :eek:

My 10x10 Kodiak is plush. Heat source is a single burner tank top propane heater when needed (rarely, never while sleeping-the Cush method as noted above). 0 issues w condensation in Colorado. I have yet to use the awning while camping, it rolls up and ties to tent above doors. Mine has permanent vents @ the tops of both curved sidewalls. I throw old rugs and carpet scraps on the tent floor to protect it from cot legs, table legs, etc.

I usually just let my awning hang down against the tent door. The way I figure it, it's just double insulation on that side of the tent.

Funny story with mine.. We were car camping in the summer. I typically use a cheap nylon tent for summer camping because it allows more air flow than the Kodiak. Well this time, the highs were upper 80's, so I decided to bring the Kodiak and plug in our portable AC unit since we had an electric site. Worked great the first day/night, until it rained. The inside of the tent stayed dry, but when the canvas got wet it stopped breathing. Meanwhile, we have an AC unit pulling air from inside the tent and pushing it out a vent zipped into the door. We woke up to the walls of the tent closing in on us; we were literally being vacuum sealed inside the tent. I had to jump up and turn off the AC, then open the door to allow air back in and re-stake one side of the tent.

I have one and love it as well. My advice would be to get the heavy tarp to go under the floor. It takes the abuse of sticks and thorns and is cheap insurance for the rent floor.

My wallet hates you guys. Just ordered a 10x14 today from the rave reviews they get on here. It'll be perfect for car camping with the kiddos and our elk hunt this fall. Be giving it it's test run up north when the morels start popping.

FB_IMG_1549796250734[642].jpg I run a buddy heater with a 20 LB bottle outside the door. Works great down into the teens. Leave the top vents open a little

I have the 10x14. We use rubber drink coasters under our cot legs. Easy for with my xl for, my 2 boys reg cots. Saw one last fall with stove jack during elk hunt, but I never caught up with the dude to see it close up. Tough tent. Survived 2am range cow back rubbing during the bow hunt. Seemed a great compromise between smaller lighter domes, and full size wall tent.

It's on my list to upgrade the family tent. My brother has one and we've stayed quite a few nights during hunting season (temps down to low 10-20). I love my wall tent for extended stays, but for a couple of nights it is super easy to setup and performs great.

I just picked one of these up today from the bargain cave at Cabelas. 10x14 originally 714 got it for 270. Didn’t have time to look up any reviews. We will be using in for September elk hunts. Anyone have this brand? Will probably run a buddy heater if needed. Will I have any condensation problems? Thanks
That's an amazing deal on an amazing tent. I've had mine for a year now and absolutely love it. I use it for family camping and for hunting. Since it is canvas, condensations is not a worry. Used it elk hunting in Montana last year and made it through some bitter cold sub-zero nights in it. Like Cush said, the buddy heater works well and I use that for it too.
I also cut to size a piece of indoor/outdoor cheap carpet to put on top of the floor. Thinking about adding the vestibule to it this year as well.
You will love this tent, especially the fact that it is so easy to put up and take down.

That is an amazing deal on that awesome tent. Absolutely love mine. Been through snow, rain, wind sleet and summer heat. I do put a tarp underneath to keep it clean, I have an "outdoor" carpet that I put inside and as others have mentioned, I also use a couple of floor mats to minimize the dirt being tracked in. Big fan of cots as well and we usually have a Mr Buddy Heater. But I will say this, the vestibule kit is a game changer. So wish I would have put this in a long time before. I love it. Here is a picture of mine from our archery camp a couple summers ago.Kodiak Tent.jpgKodiak Tent 2.jpeg

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back