MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Tell me about your elk camp canvas tent setup! Add pictures if you got em

Davis 14x16. I put a tarp over that extends out to make a porch and add tarps on sides of the porch and half the front. It makes for a cozy area to cook and keep the coolers and wood covered.
Does your Davis leak or is the tarp over the top just for added protection. I am leaning towards a Davis is why I am asking.

Does your Davis leak or is the tarp over the top just for added protection. I am leaning towards a Davis is why I am asking.
The Davis tents come Pre treated and are water proof. Unless you are using it for a glamping set up and keeping it outside for 30+ days at a time you don’t need the tarp. The elk package 14x16 is amazing and what I use for rifle season or long base camp set ups. It’s great for 2-4 people. I know the folks over at Davis tents and you can not go wrong. They will service your tent and always be there to help with any modifications. I am having a new window stitched into mine soon as well. But once cry once is my motto.

I love my 14x16 and am even adding the 10x10 go tent to my set up as well for early archery and smaller excursions.

The Davis tents come Pre treated and are water proof. Unless you are using it for a glamping set up and keeping it outside for 30+ days at a time you don’t need the tarp. The elk package 14x16 is amazing and what I use for rifle season or long base camp set ups. It’s great for 2-4 people. I know the folks over at Davis tents and you can not go wrong. They will service your tent and always be there to help with any modifications. I am having a new window stitched into mine soon as well. But once cry once is my motto.

I love my 14x16 and am even adding the 10x10 go tent to my set up as well for early archery and smaller excursions.
Not the best pic but mine held up great as is in a snow storm first rifle last year. IMG_8863.jpeg

I originally was looking at a round Bell tent but am leaning more towards a Davis wall tent after a little more research. I hear nothing but good things about there products and customer service. Thanks for the info.

Id love to see them when you get a chance to post. I curious how to have a setup with descent flow. I was looking at a bell canvas tent, but I like the square shape better, as most of what I am bringing has a square or rectangular shape to it.
Here are some of the pictures I could dig up. Nothing of the inside so far.

Attachments

• Trav elk camp.jpg
    Trav elk camp.jpg
    495.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Tent in yard.jpg
    Tent in yard.jpg
    696.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Tent at Schwennekers.jpg
    Tent at Schwennekers.jpg
    532.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Tent at night.jpg
    Tent at night.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Tent at elk camp.jpg
    Tent at elk camp.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Elk Camp 2.jpg
    Elk Camp 2.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Brad and I at Elk Camp.jpg
    Brad and I at Elk Camp.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 33
No it doesn’t leak. I’ve used it in the rain and snow without the tarp many times. I like the tarp because I think it helps retain heat and it sheds snow really fast. Also makes the porch more weatherproof as nothing blows in from the tent side. If you just tarp the porch it’s hard to secure the tent side.
AND it provides a ton of exciting entertainment when putting it up or taking it down in a big wind! But that’s another story….
I highly recommend Davis. Great quality and awesome customer service. If you have any questions or concerns email or call them. They are more than willing to take time and really work with you.

I used these for the first time this fall. They work great.

I second this. Have the exact product. Makes life a lot easier.

I just ordered a set on amazon. Thank you for the recommendation!

I’ll bring the sharpie! Good thing you get to pop the cherry on that one though. It would just feel wrong to draw on someone else’s tent first.
I caught the first fish out of my fishing buddies new boat…..he returned the favor when I got a boat.

My 14x20 Montana canvas is at least 25 years old. We drove up this morning and set her up after clearing away about of foot of snow. Killed my first bull about 1 1/2 miles down the ridge 56 years ago. Kinda like this spot.

Attachments

• IMG_7995.jpeg
    IMG_7995.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7997.jpeg
    IMG_7997.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8004.jpeg
    IMG_8004.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 19

They definitely don't leak, but I disagree on the "need" for a tarp. Looking at the tarp I have over mine, it has saved many small burn holes from the spark arrestor not catching everything. The canvass is 100% still good and the tarp has 10+ small burn holes. Now maybe the tarp wouldn't have burned through as easily as the tarp, but its cheap insurance in my eyes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back