• Thank you for creating an account on Hunt Talk! We require that all new users contribute at least 10 posts before gaining the ability to start new threads. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.

A Gila Elk Hunt

Gila

Sounds like a fun hunt!
Ya know it really was fun. I was determined to be comfortable on this hunt. A decent bed, cooked meals, a warm tent, hotwater made a big difference in my attitude and my ability to put forth the best effort. I can't get around like I used to, so the hikes were not long or very steep. I was fortunate that everything went quite well with no mishaps. I was into elk every day. I would have enjoyed some company on the hunt. It was just the way things worked out that I went solo. One of the advantages of going solo is that there are no distractions, so I feel "plugged-in" to nature and notice everything that goes on.

sambo3006

Thank you for sharing, Gila. That sounds like a grand adventure, especially all the bugling and splashing in the dark as you cared for your bull.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldShaky