Wall Tent Setups

Hunter92

Hello everyone. I know this has been a topic a few times, but I’d like to throw out a new thread as a refresher. I’m looking for ideas to make my wall tent more convenient after a long hunt. Usually I think “this would be handy” while I’m in camp, then try to remember to fabricate whatever I was thinking after returning home.

I’ll start with my setup and hopefully spark a few ideas for others. I’ve got a 14x16 canvas and I built the frame using 16ga 1 1/4” square stock. I also built sleeves with expanded steel welded on to go over the ridge poles and eves to hang lanterns, coats, gloves, etc. I didn’t like the stovepipe coming out the roof or near the door of the tent, so I put a stove jack in the back wall and built a sort of bracket from the ridge angle piece to come down and hold the pipe. Off the front I have an 8’ porch. I bought a 25’x25’ tarp to cover the porch and tent. This also allows the tarp to come near the ground off the eves so I can put coolers, wood, propane tank, etc. and helps keep the wind from lifting the tarp. (That was a fiasco once). I use a 5 gal propane tank to run my lanterns and camp chef. As for a floor, I’ve used lumber wrap for years, but I bought a 20x20 tarp a few years back. I run the excess up the walls about 6” and fold the rest under itself. Roof tarp is white to let in light and floor tarp is silver to reflect light, and not look as dirty as white would. Picked up a thermal fan for the stove too since it’s a fairly large area to heat. Works great.

I’d love to hear about everyone’s setup and ideas they may have!

One of the best things I have done is a permeable floor especially for winter. I bought a dog kennel cover for it.

Having moisture in your wall tent is shit and a wet floor with a tarp sucks when the elements are coming down.

Organizers that hang from frame are sweet.

Not tent related but water heaters are awesome especially for extended stays.

Again check your buddies stake job.

A front awning is great. The other item I built goes on my stove pipe. I cut a hole in a large pie tin so it goes up against the roof. Water runs down hill you know. A large hose clamp keeps it where I want it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back