3rd to Late Season Camp Setup for Elk

MtnElk

The temp dropped dramatically here over the weekend and a few of us were sitting around the pellet stove and chatting about a new setup for 3rd season and beyond here in Colorado. I was wondering what people recommend for a 4 person setup that would work well for 3rd season and later setup, even if its at a buy once cry once level... as it looks like we'll be splitting the cost. This could be wall tents, teepee, or setups like Beau's new tents.

Just want to dive into research and present the options to the group. Bonus points for a setup that would well in earlier seasons too.

Beau’s tents look really nice but I have a hard to justify the cost because they are way up there.
Are you planning on running a woodstove? Do you want a floor?
Kodiak flex bow tents are running good for their price point if you want a floor and ok with propane and are super easy to set up with one person.
For wall tents the list just goes on and on.

How many people will your shelter need to sleep and are you camping from the vehicle or packing your camp in?
Beau’s tents look really nice but I have a hard to justify the cost because they are way up there.
Are you planning on running a woodstove? Do you want a floor?
Kodiak flex bow tents are running good for their price point if you want a floor and ok with propane and are super easy to set up with one person.
For wall tents the list just goes on and on.

Sorry, shouldn't have posted without more details:

Looking for up to 4 of us to be comfortable
Propane or Wood stove - not picky
A floor would be best
For now, this would be car camping, not packed in. Baby steps ha

I’d also suggest the outfitter tent with wood stove. I’ve had good luck with the cabelas alaknak tent. Easy to set up (can be done by one person) and cheaper than some others. The 12’x12’ might get a little tight with 4 people and their gear, but I’ve also slept 5 people + gear and a stove so it can be done.

I am a big fan of the wall tent/wood stove combo. If you have cutting ability and trees, you can stay warm a long time :) We use a Davis set up and it is cush. I would say to not get a floor but use some sort of a tarp lay down as a floor as it is more flexible. Beau's tents look great ...but ....ouch on the price. Easier to pack though for sure. The tipis are a lot lighter as well. I would say wood heat with all of them. Dry heat without condensation, free fuel and the comfort of fire light ;)

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back