"Kaibab" Mule Deer Here We Come!!!!

Just got back from four and a half days in a mule deer mecca. I had a great time up there with Bryce and Butch, quality guys and hunters for sure. The rut is about to blow up and it's only a matter of time before a field photo shows up in this thread. Thanks for letting me tag along. I'll add a little more as I get time.......

Wish you guys the best of luck. I had to pass on my unit 27 mule deer hunt. First mule deer hunt in years. As my nickname reads you can tell what deer I like to hunt. But this year I made a mistake on my app. Well coaching football ruined the hunt anyways.

AZ has been on steroids this year! Itll be epic! Good luck and HOLD OUT!

Sorry for the lack of updates boys but we.have been hitting it hard where we don't get service. The weather has the deer moving down. We are seeing tons of bucks, 20+ a day but still not the right one. Not many big bucks have been taken. Most camps have young 4 points hanging.

We are getting our second dose of snow right now to add to our 7". Visibility was less then 30 yards this morning but we managed to see 3 bucks. It is still snowing so we are heading into fredonia for some supplies. Hopefully it will clear enough to see some rutting activity that is just starting to kick in.
For some reason I feel a thanksgiving buck coming. Sorry no pics to add hopefully tomorrow will be a big picture day.

Happy early thanksgiving fella.

Your efforts will be rewarded. If anyone will stick to the plan until the last minute of the last day, it is Bugler. Some old buck will be celebrating his last Thanksgiving and will then be taking permanent residence in Bugler's trophy room.

Vibes are telling me it will be Friday morning when the snow is red and the tag is punched.

Waiting for daylight to come. After it cleared yesterday the deer were moving big time. I saw 15 or more bucks with a real nice 180 class buck. He was tempting but with best days yet to come it was an easy decision. It's cold now -4 and windy so it will be a nasty morning.

Enjoy your family and eat lots of food for me. I know I will miss both dearly today.

Back