"Kaibab" Mule Deer Here We Come!!!!

IdahoBugler

Well ladies and gentleman it has finally come. I'm finishing the final plans to my hunt that I have waited 12 years for. I will be hunting the late deer tag in the famous 12AW "North Rim" Unit. I'm happy to say my old man "Mr. Butchman" is going to be making the trip with me to keep me focused and in-line for the goal I have set. The plan is to leave work around 3:30 on Wednesday and stay at Brandon's (Browtines) house that night. Then go the rest of the way to Fredonia and pick up my Kaibab Habitat stamp. Then off to the unit to setup camp and scout the evening.

I will meet Stan the man (AZ402) sometime Thursday and we will discuss the options for opening morning. I have no idea if we will have cell service but if we do I would like to keep you guys updated for the next 10+ days or until something hits the dirt.

If you guys have any last minute advice I'm all ears and if you don't want it made public please shoot me a PM.

I want to say thanks to all that have given me advice so far. I want especially thank Stan and my dad for coming along for the ride and helping me out on this OIL tag. I look forward to paying you buck on future hunts.

Somewhere in Coconino County lives a big mule deer buck whose chips will be cashed in sometime in the next ten days. I sure hope you have a connection, as your hunts are always fun to follow along with.

Good luck Bryce. Glad you have some assistance, and great help at that.

Bryce, yea I have some advice for you. When camping with Stan make sure to sleep with your back to the wall of the tent and pepper spray is not a bad idea.
But if you can put up with his advances he is a great help and a great glasser to have around. The guy can pick out a bobcat on a hillside doing 40 down the road, not to mention spotting illegal immigrants hiding in a wash.
I hope you have cell coverage as this will be a good one to watch, I will be rootin for ya, 12 years is a long wait

IB,

Good luck. I agree with BF there is a dead buck walking in northern AZ. I predict you will kill a bruiser on the last day of your hunt. Have a great time!

The other Bucks will probably have their Leader tied up to a tree, just to save their own hides! Mule Deer are such P***ies! Good Luck, John

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back