"Kaibab" Mule Deer Here We Come!!!!

It was an ok morning today. We saw two bucks one decent quick glance at a buck that had potential but not quite yet. We headed into town to get gas and stopped at a.camp with a stud buck. We put a quick tape on him and came up with 232". We have seen a lot of small bucks taken but this guy takes the cake.

We are heading higher this evening. Hoping we get snow tonight we need it and a break in the wind would be nice too.

Here are a couple of pics of a few sheds stan has found.
IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

Well IB just keep the chin up, it will come together. We all know it, we just can't wait to see your 200"+. Put the wind in your face and a slug in his heart!

IB, I love the pictures! Bring's back some memmories of a great deer hunt i had there. Keep up the good work.

Bugler, your campsite looks awfully familiar. By any chance are you at the intersection of 255 and 255A?

Bugler, your campsite looks awfully familiar. By any chance are you at the intersection of 255 and 255A?

My guess is the "towlite" is parked on the 454 heading towards the lookout tower....I recognize the campsite... behind the hanging pole are several body parts of deer and a huge turd... :D.. left you plenty of firewood:hump:

We got it. It started snowing last night and it hasn't stopped. We have close to 8" on top and 4" at camp. We will probably get some more tonight. We headed lower in the morning and took a few pics of the canyon. The view was awesome but a little windy and poor visibility.

IMAG0060.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg

Here is a pic of the snow when it would clear. Which was about 1% of the time.
IMAG0061.jpg

Here is what it looks like now.
IMAG0065.jpg

So we are gassing up and having a burger where acon suggested.
IMAG0064.jpg

Even with the low visibility we are finding lots of deer hunkered down in the bushes. 4 more bucks but still no shooters.

I do have a good luck story to tell. So we are heading up to the high country when suddenly I look up and see a huge yote. I bail out the truck in hot pursuit but end up not getting a shot. So down the road we go. Passing a couple vehicles, important here. We go 6 miles down the road and I get.a.weird feeling in my stomach. I look around and can't find my swaro's. Of course I get fired up and think damn way down by the coyote. We fly down the road and the more vehicles I pass the more pist I get. I'm thinking no way is it there. We go around the corner and in the snow right in the road is my sweet sweet pair of bino's. I hope I didn't use up all my luck.

Looks like you've received some good fortune with the snow for both deer and binos. Now it's time for a buck!

Glad you found the glass. that could put a damper on the hunt. Good luck finding your buck.

You loose more Optics then I loose Hunting tags ;)

Kiss Stan for me and Tell Butch HI !!!

Good luck !!

I thought I was the only guy who lost stuff while out hunting. Glad you found them.

Now get on with the business of putting the hammer down on a great buck. We know what the end result will be, were just excited to hear the details of how it unfolds and how big it ends up being.

Good luck with the rest of the hunt.

I never take my swaro's off even if Im in the truck! ONLY when the day is over do I put them in my bino's back in there case. Its worked for me for 4 years now. I also have a $450.00 range finder attached to my bino's so I tend to always know were there at. Now my spotting on the other hand is another story !
One year I left it on a major trail for 24hrs and no one saw it I about cried when I walked up and saw it sitting there all set up just like I left it. I did find a pair of 10x50 2 weeks ago here in ID, so if they are yours PM to clam them.

Muley were they kind of a army green color? With a hawk/eagle like creature as an emblem? Let me know if you need my address.;)

Get 'em Bryce. I have a feeling the next update we see will have big horn and a big grin. With the storm blowing out they should be on the move.

I do have a pair of 10x50's laying somewhere in Unit 15 in Idaho...... but, unfortunately, they have been there for 6 winters now, unless somebody had the good fortune to find them....

Good luck Bugler on getting your buck soon, lest you have to spend too much time with AZ402...... ;)

Good luck Bugler on getting your buck soon, lest you have to spend too much time with AZ402......

...too late, chances are an anniversary date has been established. That's right, schmalts has been jilted.:eek:

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back