Caribou Gear Tarp

Just Walk Away

Ike

04-01-09033.jpg

04-01-09026.jpg

I've been out hunting the hounds on and off all winter, and have been cutting tracks about every day and getting treed from time to time as well. I've also had a hunter or two along but we've walked away from a few toms for one reason or another. Anybody that's ever been under the tree with me knows I seldom push anybody to kill, and more times than not I'm tickled to death to see them walk away, cause to me killing is a personal thing and has little to do with hunting, but is only the end result of the hunt if a person chooses.

We put this lion up one day last week for a hunter and he chose to walk away, and I told him before and after it didn't bother me one damn bit. This tom had some of his right ear missing, a scar under his left eye and two or more toes gone on his left front foot. He had plenty of character but personally I like to know there are lions living and roaming my hunting areas that have lived a rough life like many of us have.

I believe that the lion population is making a come back, as I've found tracks in the dirt or snow every time I've gone afield this year since the end of deer season.

03-10-09002.jpg

Just another nice tom lion I left in the tree.........

Hope that you all have had a great winter and are looking forward to bear as much as I am..........

ike

Thanks guys, glad to post up........

thebrute.jpg

Just another brute of a tom lion I left in the tree......

ike

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back