Yeti GOBOX Collection

Just One

Rifle: Remington 700 ADL 30-06. It is the only rifle I own that has iron sites. It is ugly but also completely capable of killing everything in North America. The only reason I didn't say my Browning X bolt in .308 was the lack of iron sites. What is the deal with no iron sites on rifles unless they are custom or very pretty wood?

Handgun: Ruger GP 100 stainless 4 in barrel. Reliable and capable.

Shotgun: Mossberg 500 12ga. I have had the gun for over 30 years and it has been nothing but reliable. I had to replace the magazine tube because over the years of shooting it wore a hole in it. Again another ugly but indestructible tool.

Shotgun: Browning A5 Hunter (12 ga) - I'm terrible at wing shooting, but I do pretty decent with this shotgun compared to my others.

Rifle: Tikka T3 lite (30-06) - This one is tough. I have the same model in .270 and it really gets all the action. But if I have to limit myself to 1, then I'll go with the 30-06 since I have a stockpile of ammo for it in various grains, so it would be a better multi-purpose option.

Pistol: Browning Buckmark .22 - I can't imagine not having a .22 in my life. Since I went with a rifle for big game, I can't keep my Ruger 10-22 or CZ 457 Varmint. So, I had to choose between the Buckmark and my Ruger Mk IV. Almost a toss-up for me, but the Browning it is.

Also, I'm glad I don't live in a world where I have to make such choices...
My bad, should’ve include a 4th category-rimfire.

I would go Henry oct barrel lever .22lr. Ruger 10/22 would have probably been better choice but I like adding a lever action to my mix.

I hate the thought of these. Can I substitute my rimfire and pistol for another rifle? This week it would have to be

#1 My howa mini 223 that I had the barrel cut back to 16” and threaded and then ackleyed

#2 would be my fierce mayhem 12 gauge

#3 would I guess have to be the 7mm Sherman max I’m currently building on a tikka action, Mesa arms precision stock, xcaliber carbon barrel cut at 20” and threaded so I can run suppressed

Shotgun: Remington 870 12gauge pump action. Can't break it, can shoot anything and handle any type of shot gunning situation.

Pistol: Glock 20. It sits by my bedside safe, and comes with me on hunts in grizzly country

Rifle: A tough choice as well, but like most here, I'm probably going with a Tikka T3x in 30-06. Great Barrel life, extremely versatile. light weight, very simple rifle, very modular and reasonably cheap to own

Pre 64 m70 on 308
S&W in 41 mag.
Savage m42 in 20. Pay no attention to the 222 barrel on top. That’s a sighting device.
Rimfire geez. Probably just the buckmark. Edit to add Wait, forgot the 10/22 that might win out

Last edited:
If you could only keep one (and only one) each of a shotgun, a rifle and a handgun out of your safe forever (no swaps, no changes, no additions). What would they be and why?

For me:
HANDGUN - Ruger GP100 in .357mag -- I prefer my 10mm Sig and 9mm Sigs, but if we are talking for 40 years, and since I primarily carry a handgun as a woods gun, I like the long-term reliability of the revolver and being able to shoot .38spec or .357mag as need presents.

RIFLE - my soon to be built 18" 7x57AI built on a tikka -- short, ultralight, can shoot suppressed or unsupressed, enough cartridge to kill any big game in the lower 48 - If I chose to factor in long-term factory ammo availability I would have picked my Tikka SS in .308Win.

SHOTGUN - Benelli M4 12 gauge synthetic camo (sorry @BrentD) - this thing will shoot and shoot and shoot - my great-grandkids will be shooting this thing with little to no maintenance. I like my 20ga and Beretta 12ga gas and others, but just not as versatile as 12ga and gas requires more cleaning and wood more care.

If you could only keep one (and only one) each of a shotgun, a rifle and a handgun out of your safe forever (no swaps, no changes, no additions). What would they be and why?

For me:
HANDGUN - Ruger GP100 in .357mag -- I prefer my 10mm Sig and 9mm Sigs, but if we are talking for 40 years, and since I primarily carry a handgun as a woods gun, I like the long-term reliability of the revolver and being able to shoot .38spec or .357mag as need presents.

RIFLE - my soon to be built 18" 7x57AI built on a tikka -- short, ultralight, can shoot suppressed or unsupressed, enough cartridge to kill any big game in the lower 48 - If I chose to factor in long-term factory ammo availability I would have picked my Tikka SS in .308Win.

SHOTGUN - Benelli M4 12 gauge synthetic camo (sorry @BrentD) - this thing will shoot and shoot and shoot - my great-grandkids will be shooting this thing with little to no maintenance. I like my 20ga and Beretta 12ga gas and others, but just not as versatile as 12ga and gas requires more cleaning and wood more care.
Your Benelli may still be shooting shooting for your great grandkids, but it will be the Harper that they fight over when it comes time to dividing up the spoils from great grandpa Dan.

We both know that you aint never giving up any of those guns, much less all but one.

:)

Your Benelli may still be shooting shooting for your great grandkids, but it will be the Harper that they fight over when it comes time to dividing up the spoils from great grandpa Dan.

We both know that you aint never giving up any of those guns, much less all but one.

:)
You are right on all accounts! Except I am not adverse to upgrade swaps - I only have so much room in the safes.

Going to add another category

Handgun - None but saving for Ruger Alaskan 44 Mag
Rifle - Ruger 77/44
Shotgun - H&R Topper Deluxe Classic 12 gauge (poor man's upland/trap skeet gun)
Muzzleloader - Stainless Knight Disc Elite 50 cal

My bad, should’ve include a 4th category-rimfire.

In that case:

Rimfire: Ruger 10/22 because in SHTF times, it'll put food on the table daily

Pistol: XD 45 Tact converted to 460 Rowland. My go to for swamp deer and hogs.

Attachments

• 11428177_10153476737775439_3137560848400173094_o.jpg
    11428177_10153476737775439_3137560848400173094_o.jpg
    507 KB · Views: 2
Okay given we have Centerfire, rimfire, handgun and shotgun, these are mine:

Shotgun: Easy here my 1921 Savage 12 GA pump. I don't use it anymore but I inherited it from my Grandfather and it will be passed on to my grandson. A crapload of sentimental value so a no brainer.

Handgun: Only own 2, the keep would be my Taurus 357. Usable for both hunting and home defense.

Rimfire: Only own one. Ruger 10/22

Centerfire: This one is tough, but as it seemed to be my go to rifle this season, my Ruger American 308

Well this isn't fun 🤣
Rifle - has to be my Savage 110 in 300WSM, big enough for everything, even though it hurts a little my 270 has killed a lot more game
Shotgun - my only one is my 870 express and has never failed me so I'll just stick with it
Pistol - Sig 365 I love it, best handgun I've ever had and shot except for a 1911 but those are harder to conceal

Dang these are tough to decide.

Rifle my dad's 1952 Model 70, 270 win.

Shotgun Browning Citori 12 ga. 3 inch

Handgun Ruger Blackhawk 3 screw I bought for my dad's Christmas present many years ago. Saved pennies for a long time to pay for it.

Rimfire my Dad's High Standard Super Matic target pistol

Muzzle loader Green River Leman 58 cal.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back