Just one more

I don’t have any new gun purchases planned but I am rehabbing two left hand Remington 700 LSSs I have. A 300 RUM is at the smith’s now and will return (soon, hopefully) as a 30 Nosler. I also have a 30-06 that will be sent off to be turned into a 280 AI as soon as the KS contour barrel is finished. The only original parts left on either will be the actions/bolts.

I’ve always been a sucker for old lever guns. I have several Winchester 88’s, I’d love to add a savage 99 in a 300 to my collection. But they are hard to find and usually over priced.

I'm on the waiting list for a Weatherby Mark V Hunter in 280AI.
Just means the not so local shop knows i want one and when/if one comes in i'll be notified.

I did put money down on a Tikka T3X in 7mm-08.

Had a couple issues with my short range bench rest build in 250 Savage. Getting those addressed and back to the stock builder.

And thanks to @Brian in Montana, i'm planning on picking up 2-3 more actions for future builds.

prollyI don’t have any new gun purchases planned but I am rehabbing two left hand Remington 700 LSSs I have. A 300 RUM is at the smith’s now and will return (soon, hopefully) as a 30 Nosler. I also have a 30-06 that will be sent off to be turned into a 280 AI as soon as the KS contour barrel is finished. The only original parts left on either will be the actions/bolts.
....also retrofitting the 700 .257 Wby Mag with a McWalnut...& have a triggertech diamond gnawing it's way on to the 'didn't know I needed' list.

I want the lightest possible 7mm rem mag but I don't really know where to start. Something manufactured or a custom build? Open to suggestions....
Well, the question is, do you want it to have a custom Mauser action, really pretty wood with California lines, a palmable bolt, optional accuracy, under $1500, and in a popular cartridge so that you can cheaply shoot does?

Probably a 28 gauge of some sort...still debating on which model.

Well, the question is, do you want it to have a custom Mauser action, really pretty wood with California lines, a palmable bolt, optional accuracy, under $1500, and in a popular cartridge so that you ca
n cheaply shoot

Well, the question is, do you want it to have a custom Mauser action, really pretty wood with California lines, a palmable bolt, optional accuracy, under $1500, and in a popular cartridge so that you can cheaply shoot does?
Please enlighten me on the joke here?

I don’t own a #1. I really like the way that look, so that’s a maybe. I don’t own anything 24 caliber, so 6mm Remington. Now to find a nice #1 in 6mm.

Oh. And thanks Brent, now I can look at shotguns I don’t “need” too. I’ve got a 20 ou, and a 12 sxs, I’ll have to delve deeply into that auction, see if I can complete the pairs.

I don’t own a #1. I really like the way that look, so that’s a maybe. I don’t own anything 24 caliber, so 6mm Remington. Now to find a nice #1 in 6mm.

Oh. And thanks Brent, now I can look at shotguns I don’t “need” too. I’ve got a 20 ou, and a 12 sxs, I’ll have to delve deeply into that auction, see if I can complete the pairs.
A #1 in 6mm would be too much fun to operate, especially an accurate one.

I’d like to upgrade my son from a .243 to either a .270 or 7mm-08. He will be 12 in the fall and can hunt elk this year. He got his deer this year with his .243, but I think he needs something a little bigger. I’m thinking either a Tikka or X bolt.

I have some .270 ammo, so that’s where in leaning right now.

You could go back and read it all, but don't waste your time. As far as the rifle, the Cooper Backcountry looks good. Out of my price range, but seems like a lot of rifle for the money. mtmuley
Yeah, just took a peek. 36 Benjamin's, ouch.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back