July Prize winners to be announced this week

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the first month of Season Two is in the books and we are getting ready to draw the prizes from the many great sponsors who are donating stuff this year.

For those of you who are lurking and not registered, sorry to say that you are not in the drawing. If you want to get in the drawings for the next five months the show is airing, go here and learn about the rules - Hunt Talk Prize Drawings.

Here are the prizes that will be drawn this week.

Grand Prize:

Leupold VX-3 CDS 3.5-10X40mm

Yup, that is the grand prize for the month. It is an amazing scope. Once you have it, they will ask you to send them your load data. They will then build you a custom turret for your customized loads. They just sent me a bunch of these, and they are "as advertised." Very impressive.

Other prizes are:

Leupold MXc111 Flashlight (Both Leupold winners will also receive a Leupold hat.)

Shooters Ridge Magnum Swivel Shooting Stick Shooters Ridge is owned by the same parent company as Federal Premium Ammo, ATK Corporation.

Montana Black Gold Bow Sight

Ripcord Arrow Rest

Decoy from Montana Decoy

Leatherman Surge Multi-tool

Primos Baffle Bugle

All winners will also receive an On Your Own Adventures Season One DVD .

I hope all of you realize how committed these companies are to the On Your Own hunter. They have stepped forward and want to make sure they have demonstrated their commitment, not just by being involved in the TV show, but they want to be involved in the Hunt Talk forum, where many of you spend time sharing stories and advice.

If you do one thing to help the message of self-guided hunting, an email to these sponsors would go a long ways to confirming that their decision to support the On Your Own hunter is a good decision.

They are all great companies. Many other companies will be donating prizes to our drawing this year, as we try to involve even more companies as our/your supporters.

The winners will be posted by Friday. ;)

Randy, would it be easier to just send you the data on my 7short and you can pass it along to Leupold?;)

I am guessing that Randy meant to list the Leupold CDS as a 3.5-10x50mm as there is no such thing as a VX-3 3-9x40mm.

That said..... with a $500+ price tag on that little baby, that is a prize worth winning!!!!! Wonder if I am eligible....? ;)

whisper, it comes in a 40mm

VX-3 3.5-10 x 40mm Matte Custom Dial System Duplex

I musta missed the giveaway post, had no idea...cool deal.

Heh, Sent a recent e-mail to Leupold re: their advertisement here on OYOA... Surprisingly, I received a non canned response with a thank you and informed the advertising idea had been forwarded for potential future use.
Shows me - spending a little extra for a great quality optics piece has not only the quality results - it is also backed up by a great professional, english speaking support staff.
I did not expect any response...
I hinted to the wife a nice B-day gift would be a leupold bino. Cascades 10x42mm to be specific... Friend has a nice set.

NHY.... You are absolutely correct. I meant to type 40mm. In fact I have a 3.5-10x40mm CDS on my Sako Finlight and love it.

My point was that there is no VX-3 3-9x40mm... it is a 3.5-10x40mm.

Elkwhisper

Have the same scope on a 75 Finnlight also...sans CDS. Fine optics for the .270 Short it rides..

Whichever model it is, it will look great on my new rifle, which I'm just waiting to pull the trigger on after BF declares me the winner.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the fine folks at Leupold and whoever drew my name out of the hat/barrel/trash can...

Wow! those prizes are awesome; what a cool way to support OYOA and DIY hunting. Congrats to the future winners!

Great prizes from a bunch of suppliers of great gear. I have already talked to them about doing this for my 7mm STW so they should have my ballistics on file.;):D

I already won..... This morning I had this on my desk :

39082_1446797501928_1592898151_1094521_2553855_n.jpg

OK.... It's for my boy, but it came to MY office.

Thanks Big F'.

If you do one thing to help the message of self-guided hunting, an email to these sponsors would go a long ways to confirming that their decision to support the On Your Own hunter is a good decision.

Is there any special link(s) that we can use to contact them, or do we just trust that the general "Contact Us" link on each website will get the comment to the right person?

Big Fin shipped you a 44 OZ Coke from Wendy's in Bozeman??? How did he know your first 44oz Coke of the day from McDonalds would be gone by the time you got to your office?

Whats funny is my 44oz coke WAS gone by the time I got to the office. Wendies WAS for lunch. That baconator is da BOMB diggity !!

And the July Prize winners are (Prize - Hunt Talk Handle):

GRAND PRIZE:
Leupold VX-3 CDS 3.5-10X40mm Rifle Scope - Gunner46

Other Prizes:
Leupold Flashlight - SD Buck

Shooters Ridge Shooting Sticks - Backcountryhunter

Montana Black Gold Archery Sight - rosco

Ripcord Arrow Rest - ruger243223

Montana Decoy - Walt lister

Leatherman Surge - Nemont

Primos Baffle Bugle - Mingo

And all winners will receive an On Your Own Adventures - Season One DVD.

If your name is on this list, you have until the end of the month to send your contact information to Mrs. Fin, or Kim, as she is known around these parts. Her email is [email protected]. Upon receiving your name and mailing address, we will send you the item you have won, or make arrangements with the sponsor to send it directly to you.

If you don't get in touch with her (Kim) before the end of the month, your prize will be awarded to the alternate for this month. Yes, we did draw alternates in the event some person does not want their prize.

For those of you who won, I hope you will take the time to send a thank you note to the sponsors. And if you feel you have a debt to the show/site, that can be repaid by sending a kind comment about this operation to Outdoor Channel.

Next month, we will have even more prizes and hope to double up on the grand prize. If you are not registered and you do not post, you cannot win. Pretty simple.

Back