Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Join RMEF, Get a Gerber Vital

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already use a Gerber Vital zip to open them up with so peeling back hide should be good. The only issue I can see would be joints.

I will do my best to relay that hunt as it happens.

Two of my favorite organizations, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and Gerber, have teamed up for a promotion.

Details:

Join RMEF for $35 and get a Gerber Vital Folder Combo as a free welcome gift. LINK HERE - www.rmef.org/gerber

Gerber Vital Folder Combo
  • Gerber’s best-selling Vital Pocket Folder
  • Combo includes 3 exchangeable stainless-steel blades
  • Open length 6.9 inches yet weighs only 1.3 ounces
  • Rubber overmolded handle for non-slip grip
  • Includes blade box for secure storage
  • Large finger choil for stability
  • $40.00 Value for a $35 membership
Offer good while supplies last

Of course, the membership also includes a full year of Bugle magazine and all the regular member benefits (membership card, discount programs, etc.)

And, you are supporting the group that is conserving huge tracts of elk habitat and securing lots of public access.

View attachment 108640
Just joined!

They hoped we would sign up over 1,000 members by the end of 2019. Gerber provided them 2,000 branded knives. Well, they emailed me last week saying they were getting close the end of the knife supply and I need to stop actively promoting the Randy/Gerber membership option. So, this post serves as notice that the promo is ending.

Thanks to all who signed up or renewed. This little two-month stunt far exceeded their goals. Appreciate all of you support elk, other wildlife, their habitat, and our hunting heritage.

I got the vital and used it thru the butchering season at the local butcher shop on fair animals,
Easy to change blades, You only get to use half the length of the blade. Numerous times blades popped out of the lock mechanism,
Havalon is way better,,, I like free knives, But the gerber won’t be in my hunting pack,,,

I got the vital and used it thru the butchering season at the local butcher shop on fair animals,
Easy to change blades, You only get to use half the length of the blade. Numerous times blades popped out of the lock mechanism,
Havalon is way better,,, I like free knives, But the gerber won’t be in my hunting pack,,,
Was wondering about using one to break down an elk. Have an antelope tag so I'll start there first. mtmuley

ive done over 50 head with the havalon. no complaints at all

Randy, this will be my first year with a knife like this. Looking forward to it. Probly a learning curve involved. mtmuley

Think "surgical scalpel blade", and not "knife", and you're golden. Let the sharpness of the blade do the work, not brute force.

I watched the Albertan bear guides all grasping the handle using a pencil grasp which prevents you from overpowering the blade, as it makes your wrist flexible, and reduces the pressure on the blade,. It also increases the minute control over the pressure and direction of the blade cuts.

Joined up last week, been meaning too for a while it just kept slipping my mind. I've been using a vital the past two season on whitetail, hogs and small game; it's the bees knees. I even bought one for my hunting buddy and one of the big game Vitals for myself. Still have a nice fixed blade Benchmade that was a gift that I use from time to time but the Vital pretty much is a do all knife.

If I get the promo knife I'll most likely give it away to spread the word on how good these knives are.

Randy, this will be my first year with a knife like this. Looking forward to it. Probly a learning curve involved. mtmuley

I used my Vital last year for the first time and loved it. Like mentioned above, it's more of a surgical instrument and not a prybar. If I needed to get through tough hide, or pop a hip joint or neck vertebrae, I used my good ol' Buck 110. But the Vital was awesome for precise cuts when field dressing.

Gary

They cut fingers with the most brief nick...

Hand under and bloody, then the most slight feeling and I frown... Scalpel love, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back