Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Jakey's First Gobbler!

Buschy

My son (9) and daughter (7) have perservered through many mornings, evenings and close calls over the last two years trying to get Jacob his first turkey. Last year I called in a big gobbler into 10 yards on opening day and Jakey put a perfectly placed arrow in him. Unfortunately we never recovered the bird. I am still at a loss with that one! This year he decided more firepower was in order and moved to a single shot 20 gauge and it worked well.

It all came together on Saturday evening for him. It was terribly exciting and you can't put a price on memories like that! Ha, it doesn’t get better than this!!!!!!!!!!!

He really has the fever now and is waiting for archery deer season to open in September.

Attachments

• IMG_0136.JPG
    IMG_0136.JPG
    410.1 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0139.JPG
    IMG_0139.JPG
    416.6 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0140.JPG
    IMG_0140.JPG
    382 KB · Views: 163
Way to go! He looks pretty excited. It's impressive that he was hunting turkeys with a bow at 8 years old.

Congrats! My favorite pic is the last one....trying to hold the smile while lifting that big gobbler :)

Jakeys First Gobbler

so that picture with him wearing hat with star on it is doctored?

embags,

I am not sure what you are asking, but the photo is not doctored. Just a picture of a very happy kid in a camo stocking hat! His "lucky" hat now.:)

As you have sown so shall you reap and reap and reap!!!You asked does it get any better?Yes it does.If you hunt and fish with your kids you'll never have to hunt for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back