it's time for crappie

Brittany Chukarman

We had really good fishing yesterday. Water temp is rising and the crappie are staging for the spawn. Also had a nice trout, a big bluegill and a catfish in the catch.

Attachments

• 2-IMG_1712.jpg
    2-IMG_1712.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 245
I missed the spawn here due to being busy and just too much rain; I'm too old to fish in a cold rain.

Nice looking cooler full, and that channel will be good table fare too.

Great looking cooler. Brownlee? My wife and I were just talking about how many times we use to go there this time of year.

Thats a coolerf full of good times for the anglers. Aren't you worried the cooler isn't bear proof? :)

Nice catch! Can't beat fried crappie!
Our spawn has wrapped up here, but I took full advantage and limited out (20 over 8") in 11 trips straight. I've got enough fish fries to last until next year.

Yesterday was a good fishing day on both sides of the state. IMO that catfish is the catch of the day, and crappie guts are the best bait, though on my first trip to Brownlee I did well on catfish on a 1/8 oz black maribou jig.

Yesterday I got my first ever limit of striped/pile perch out of Tillamook Bay. Girlfriend is trying to come up with new recipies.

Our spawn is pretty much over. Had a great season though and have hundreds of filets in the freezer. Caught some absolute slabs this year!!

Back