NEW SITKA Ambient 75

It's Definitely the Hat!

Gerald Martin

My daughter doesn't know it yet, but her days of ownership of her lucky Hunttalk hat are numbered. I'm pretty sure it's going to find it's way onto my head in the near future. It seems like every time she wears it in the woods something dies. Our good friends Jeffrey and Missy came down from Canada this weekend for our annual turkey hunt/filming weekend. This morning it was Olivia's turn for her first spring turkey hunt. This nice tom had hens with him and wouldn't commit for a long time, but eventually he broke and came strutting past Olivia for a 30 yard shot.

It's times like this where it's really nice having great friends with great cameras to record the memories for posterity's sake.

Big Fin, I know that you've had some episodes over the past couple years where it's been tough on your hunts. I think you sent all your mojo to Olivia when you gave her this hat!:cool:IMG_7999.jpgIMG_8004.jpgIMG_8005.jpgIMG_8009.jpgIMG_8169.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8034.jpg
    IMG_8034.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_8041.jpg
    IMG_8041.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_8049.jpg
    IMG_8049.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_8051.jpg
    IMG_8051.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_8077.jpg
    IMG_8077.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_8088.jpg
    IMG_8088.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
If anyone deserves a hat full of mojo, it's Olivia. I'll search through the inventory and see if I can find a lucky one for myself. Congrats to her and you. Great pics.

That's awesome, Gerald. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

What a great result with the photography. Really really super Gerald and Olivia. And big ups to the behind the camera operator/s.

Those are some truly amazing photos! Congrats to both father and daughter. Maybe Olivia could auction off that lucky hat if she ever tires of it ........ just make sure you let me know if it happens.

Way to go Olivia!
Great day in the turkeys woods. I hope just looking at your pics gives me some luck, heading out the door right now.
P.s. - I call dibs for Olivia as a hunting partner in a few weeks :)

How do you suppose you're going to pry that hat off her head? Good luck with that! Keep in mind, things die when she wears it. Don't be another statistic!
Great job to all of you. Great hunt, bird, and photos! I'm sure we'll continue to see more dead critter pics with that hat on Olivia ' s head!

Back