Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

It is happening again, bounty offered for huge elk.

Rat Fink

https://helena.craigslist.org/spo/4734048599.html
"I am looking for a line on a big elkhorns bull. I have the 380-20 tag and have had many opportunities on 320-330 bulls. I am looking for that once in a lifetime bull and would be willing to compensate someone for good information. Looking for a legitimate 350-380" bull. Good information isn't "I saw one last week at this spot". Good information is "I've seen this bull at this spot multiple times and have access or can get you access here" Shoot me an email and we can talk. "

Some people are only about the trophy. Make your voices heard.

What this guy doesn't get is the average bull killed in this unit is in the 325" range according to the biologist. Some people draw this tag and expect there to be huge bulls behind every tree.

Last edited:
If he had any class he would turn in that tag to someone who actually wanted to hunt and then go to an elk farm.

Certainly not the way most of us would do it but to me it's really no different than hiring a guide to hunt some private land. Lots of people do that. He's just searching for a guide in a different manner than usual. (and will possibly get it done cheaper) I enjoy the chase and not knowing whats over the next rise, but that's just me.

Where is the farthest, nastiest spot to get into? Say 3-4 guys all send him the same information and let him go for a nice walk.

Certainly not the way most of us would do it but to me it's really no different than hiring a guide to hunt some private land. Lots of people do that. He's just searching for a guide in a different manner than usual. (and will possibly get it done cheaper) I enjoy the chase and not knowing whats over the next rise, but that's just me.

If that "guide" isn't licensed by the State of Montana, then it's illegal guiding, and this could be considered solicitation.

He forgot to mention that if it's more than 100 yards from the truck you will have to pack it out for him too.

Horsethief Park to Casey Peak, hunt the ridge in between. Have freaking fun buddy. :D

My vote goes to The headwaters of the South Fork of Dutchman Creek.The only thing worse than beetle-kill blowdown is 4 sq miles of beetle kill blowdown intermixed with scree on a 25 degree slope. I will never bear hunt the Elkhorns again.

Capital sports put a guy up on their FB page who shot a 397 inch drop-tine bull in the Elkhorns this year.

Pretty pathetic craigslist ad. Not at all what hunting is about. It's a shame the tag didn't go to someone who'd appreciate the entire process of a once-in-a-lifetime tag.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back