NEW SITKA Ambient 75

ISO Affordable, quality lightweight sleeping bag.

I've had a kelty 15 degree forever. Never been cold in it. For the price I think they are the best option unless you are gonna go ham and buy expensive.
I was looking at the Kelty cosmic 0 but it was 5 lbs like the one I already have. I was hoping to cut that weight in half, and thankfully it was a perfect weekend to come up on a nice Big Agnes for Memorial Day weekend

The Hyke and Bike 0 degree is a good bag, have had mine for about 4 years, very warm. I’d highly recommend looking at a good quilt though. They cut weight and packed size, and I think you’ll eventually look at going to one anyway. I really like my quilt.

I got a Klymit KSB 0° down sleeping bag this year and I'm feeling spoiled, but I haven't bought a bag in 15 20 years. Was toasty at 11° and have enough room for a dance party in that thing. Cost was like 250 I got it on sale but might find one around that price.

Just seeing this but that’s the bag I use and I like it. I think the longer version is better for >6 foot guys. I haven’t had to try it in below freezing temps yet so I’d be curious how the liner helps.
Laid in it with the liner for 10 minutes in my living room and it was way too hot 🤣😂 I imagine it’d be pretty comfortable in the 20s and 30s. It is a little tight though, so i can wear my warmest base layers or something but I won’t be squeezing a puffy coat into that bag.

Here's a trick for the frugal and patient. The only trouble buying stuff used is people tend to sell their stuff like it's still new. When I go out west (live in Alabama), I go to thrift stores and find heavily used brand-name gear with a lifetime warranty. If there's anything wrong with it, I ship it back and get it repaired. Sometimes the mfg will offer to replace the items even though it could be repaired.

A sleeping bag I sent in to get it refilled because it lost its loft from age. They gave me a gift card for a replacement bag. I used it and upgraded from a 15 poly to a 0 down. It was in the spring, so they were having their post-season sale.

Hit up your next REI garage sale, I've got some killer deals there in the past, one being a sleeping bag which is still my primary bag.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kws82590
Back