Help narrow sleeping bag choices

I have the Nemo Disco, 15degree. I like it. Good weight and comfort. Most of my problems with using the bag are not the bag, just how my body temperature changes as I sleep through the night.

I have Western Mountaineering Terralite for my backpacking needs. Years ago I bought two Wiggy’s bags for car camping. In a word they suck almost as bad as Jerry Wigutow does. He does not stand behind warranty issues.

I have Western Mountaineering Terralite for my backpacking needs. Years ago I bought two Wiggy’s bags for car camping. In a word they suck almost as bad as Jerry Wigutow does. He does not stand behind warranty issues.
What's the lowest temps you've had it down to? lowest you'd sleep comfortably in?

What's the lowest temps you've had it down to? lowest you'd sleep comfortably in?
I bought it from The Hermit Hut and they overfill it for free. I got cold at ten degrees which is below it’s rating of 20 with overfill. But, I am a cold sleeper

I have the Versalite as well. I add a silk liner to it to minimize dirt/oils in the bag itself and it weighs next to nothing. All I do is wash the liner and I am good to go. I have used the bag+liner down to 0-5 deg and been comfortable with just my base layers on. I also use the feathered friends down boots for sleeping and my feet have never gotten cold. They are game changers.

Another nod to Western Mountaineering here. I shopped for quite awhile before settling on the Versalite. I have only had it down to about 30 degrees with a Sea to Summit Traveler silk liner. I was sleeping in only my boxers and was very comfortable without the bag zipped up all the way. I am a warm sleeper though. The craftsmanship and quality on this bag are impressive. It is very light and compresses incredibly small when needed.

I'll jump on the Western Mountaineering bandwagon. I have no experience with the bags you listed, from when I was researching a bag purchase feathered friends and WM seemed to be the ones that came up as the gold standard.

I have a WM antelope and have been warm sleeping in it down to 5 degrees when combined with a thermarest neoair xtherm. I was inside a Hilleburg Rogen and wearing merino base layers and a beanie. I highly recommend a WM bag.

I have a number of WM bags as well as a number of other brands in various ratings. In cold weather however, your bag is only as good as your use of a vapor barrier!

I want to upgrade my sleeping bag to a nice down bag. I've researched quite a few options and it's getting to the point of information overload! If you have experience with any of these options please let me know pros/cons. Also any help in deciding if one is truly worth the additional cost over the others. All of these are similar in weight and fill power. Main concerns are weight and warmth. The Nemo bag is slightly heavier but may be the best value from price to warmth???

KUIU Down Bag

Rab Mythic Bag

Nemo Sonic Bag (on sale for ($411 when added to cart)

Sea to Summit Bag

Feathered Friends Bag

These all look like great options to stay warm during Oct/Nov Colorado/Montana backpack hunts...appreciate any feedback to help narrow down these choices. Thanks!

I have this bag and it kept me plenty warm in CO During 20 degree nights in the high country.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back