Is this bull for real?

Summitthunting

Has anyone seen or heard of this bull?

Heres what I was e-mailed:
This bull was killed in the Yukon on 9-25.
Elk were put in there in 1958 from Yellowstone Park.
This was the first year they have been hunted.
They drew for 15 permits. The hunter is Al Klassen.
He's been a sheep guide in the Yukon and Northwest Territories
and has personally guided over 100 Dall Ram kills.

Preliminary gross score... 451 5/8

Attachments

• ATT178996.jpg
    ATT178996.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 488
I got the same email, have no idea if it is legit or not. If the guy has a website I would expect that to be on there.

From what I understand, it is legitimate. Real nice second and third on that left side. ;)

I'm with Oak...it has been around the net a few times now and no-one is really calling BS yet... I think its the real deal. That 2nd on the left dam near outscores most my elk!

ditto Oak's comment. I checked around as well and thus far it appears pretty legit. We will know soon - last I read he was letting it go through the dry phase to have it officially recorded in B&C. Guess we will know by then.

Beauty! whew

Start a pool?

I'll take.... eh, 433~! :)

edit: :) to comply with Oak's complete numbers - 433 gross 396 net :) I will take my chances for being closest with the fractions.

Last edited:
I'll say 451 5/8" gross, 402 3/8" net.

...that's an amazing guess Oak.:D
This magnificent bull elk was taken by hunter Al Klassen. The huge 10×9 non-typical elk has a preliminary unofficial score of 451 5/8 gross and 402 3/8 net B&C. A lot of deductions from the 2nd and 3rd points.

blah - The card deck is rigged? Disqualified! What do I win? Hehe! :)

Oh well. Anyone debunk this - or is it as it stands... legit? Again, what a beauty - If it is true.

It has to be legit. What are the odds of an illegitimate 'fair chase' bull having it's picture strewn about the internet :)

Seriously, seems to be the real deal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back