Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Interesting Prompt For Discussion - Deer Butchering in Public

consternated
bemused

The story is a bit... how do I put this...

now as long as we are straw manning each other I was miffed at you for saying that we should all go stand out in front of whole foods and punch everyone that walks out with kale in the face...
Is that a sentence? I'm the king of the run-on, but that is freakin AWESOME!

Gender roles, sexual orientation, those are things that should be left up to the parents, but I’m not gonna be upset if a stranger tells my child his chicken nugget is a dead chicken.
I kind of think this story falls into the area of just try not to be an a-hole. Only analogy I can think of is public nudity. Pretty sure it is illegal like practically everywhere, but not sure why if there is some validity to “they don’t like it they can just look away” argument. Need the HT legal team to explain the nuances to me.

In 1995 Melbourne Austraila, late one night I pulled out a severed feral goat head and poked it over the back seat of a cab. The middle eastern cab driver had a melt down and almost kicked me out of the car. I couldn't stop laughing. Can still hear him.. "why you do that!?!"

It wouldn’t bother me but I guess I can see how it would bother some. I hang quarters in game bags in the backyard sometimes and do euros in the drive way but never considered it would bother anyone. Usually someone stops and gives a thumbs up or something.

My neighbor however, on more than one occasion has left hogs to rot on his trailer parked on the street for several days before taking them off somewhere. I’m talking whole animals, guts and all. That shit pissed me off but trash is gonna trash.

Personally I wouldn’t want to bring a whole deer home anyway and have to deal with the hide and such stinking up my trash can.

i'd just rather introduce my non hunting neighbors to my passion and pastime by inviting them over for some of hank shaws barbacoa and telling them the story about that pretty euro hanging on the wall instead of them watching me blow brains across the sidewalk with a power washer from my half boiled deer head and pour a bloody 5 gallon bucket of water from my washing my game bags into the rocks next to my house.

ymmv. we all live in different places. read the room i guess, if there's a lesson here.

The retired hunters in the small town I grew up in used to bring their deer by the school to show them off! Our principal would announce it over the intercom and ask who would like to see a buck. Boys and girls would go out…Big John, Mr. Thomas, Mr. Williams, there were a few more I can’t remember. Our Ag Room teacher Mr. Needham let us watch as Mr. Williams gutted a big doe. It was my favorite class!
Of course this was the eighties when things weren’t so offensive.
I take care of my deer behind my house and cut them up in my shop. Everyone around here knows where I hunt and I don’t need my neighbor telling anyone I killed one!

"Call me old fashioned, but I think kids should be informed about where their food comes from… I mean, at what age is it “appropriate” to explain to little Timmy that those chicken nuggets he’s been hammering for breakfast, lunch, and dinner come from real life chickens that he sees at the local petting zoo."

i didn't fully read the article, but i read the above quote at the beginning.

i mean, call me old fashioned, but i think kids should be informed about where the food comes from when and how their parents decide to inform them.

there's a reason i close my garage door while making euros and cutting up animal quarters.

why TF do people think this shit needs to be flaunted?

Not everyone has a garage.

The high school I teach at has a very well run AG program. There are around 150 kids enrolled. As part of that program they run a butcher shop. They butcher sheep, pigs, cows, deer, chickens, and any other thing that needs cut up and eaten. Butchering is one of the most popular things they do in the class both with the kids and public. They butchered almost 50 deer during the gun season this year for the public as a fundraiser for their FFA chapter.

A few years ago we were making turkey calls on the lathe and plaques for tail fans and beards in the wood shop. After killing a gobbler one morning before school, I took it in and showed the wood shop kids how to skin a gobbler out and make a turkey rug.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back