MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Interesting Prompt For Discussion - Deer Butchering in Public

This is a battle of ideas, our goal is continued societal acceptance.

How do you fight?

1. Hunting ethically, hunting lawfully.
2. Taking the higher road, not coming off like an a-hole
3. Being an ambassador for hunting.

One is pretty self explanatory.

Two, there are a components to this, is just don't try to piss people off, if you know it's gonna be a thing don't make it one. The second component is keeping your cool when getting confronted by anti-hunters, especially if it's on camera, record the incident yourself if you can. Don't curse at them, don't threaten them, tell them you are legally hunting, if you can resolve the incident by being polite call the cops. The victory here is demonstrating how unreasonable the other person is acting.

Three, lot of great folks on this forum. Just be yourself and don't hide that you hunt, goal is for people to be like "oh yeah hunting, well my buddy Will does that and he's a good guy, so yeah it should be legal." This probably isn't all that applicable if you live in rural areas where lots of folks hunt. When I lived in Bozeman definitely not something I was all that worried about. Entirely different story when we moved to Boston.

@DouglasR so about the heads, they are not hidden. Actually I think a applicable story here was thanksgiving. We had a bunch of people over, no one else hunts. We had turkey, some caribou pasties, and then a couple other entrees. It was a pretty mixed group of friends so we made sure there were some for everyone no matter their dietary restrictions, no vegans but some vegetarians . We have some Jewish and Muslim friends so this year I used beef suet instead of pork when I processed my caribou. Anyway we had dinner, we told everyone were the caribou came from, they all saw the euro... and yeah not much to report... "oh cool your hobby contributed to dinner, these pasties are really good." I don't use social media much beyond hunttalk but I post hunts other places occasionally where my non-hunting friends see them. I'm perfectly happy to accommodate folks that don't eat meat and they seem perfectly fine having a buddy that hunts.

I'd like to think there are a number of folks out there that are now more accepting of hunting because of me.

🤷‍♂️

Love this pic and the change of tack.

Post up those pics of critters on the meat pole.

WTF right @BigHornRam

Some CO fatty agg field bucks
View attachment 255871

This was my first hunt with my wife... I got relegated to camera duty because I was doing it wrong and covering the meat with hair...
View attachment 255873

Second trip to WY
View attachment 255874
Stay classy murderinos.

@Leinenkugelsfreak @Hilljackoutlaw @Stocker @rjthehunter @Mallardsx2
@3855WIN @88man

Looks like another win for the dirty south on this one.
Fish in a barrel.

I’m in wyoming right now.

If I fill my cow tag I’ll hang the front quarters from the grill and the hinds from the tailgate while I drive around town. If only I had a diesel so I could roll some mother $*)Q!#@$ coal while I do it.

That’s how you read the room ladies and gentleman.

I do my own European taxidermy in my yard, no flack from the neighbors yet when pressure washing a skull into the grass in my front yard, I know some of them hunt. When butchering, I just close the garage door. Still waiting for someone to stop by and ask me what I’m doing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back