Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Interesting Idea on NR license fees

I’m all for equal pricing. WI has some of the biggest bucks in The US and it costs a non-res $160; yet when I go to other states it costs 3/4 times as much for same animal.
It wouldn’t be a computer mess. You have to state residency when buying and price would be applied accordingly. People have already gotten into trouble for falsely claiming residency in wrong state.
#wishouldraisenonrestagsprices

So I think this is the right place for this. I was just filling out our states (WI) annual spring conservation congress survey.

And one of the submitted questions got me thinking. And figured I would pose the question here.

The question read: Would you support the state changing the fee for NR licenses to reflect what the hunters home state charges for NR. For example a WI NR deer tag is $160 where as an IA NR tag is $644. And MN NR is $185. So should WI charge any IA resident wanting to hunt WI the $644 where as a MN hunter would only be charged $185.
There is not a government employee smart enough to even understand the question you are posing

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back