Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

In Memory of My Dad - Who Took Me Hunting

hitman

Today is Saturday October 16, 2010. My buddy Paul and I are about to meet up an spend the day hiking and looking for deer with our bows on State land here in CT. There won't be any elk, deer, lopes, rams, or moose in our glass today, but we'll have fellowship and continue the hunting tradition my dad introduced to me in 1980 when I was 12 years old on our old farm in PA. My father, K.W.H., passed away on June 18, 2010, and I would like to dedicate today's hunt to him. I saw my dad for the last time in May as he was lying on his death bed, and we had a nice talk. The last thing I said to him was, "Daddy, if you get to heaven before I do, and it looks like you will, make sure you pick out a good fishing spot on a nice trout stream and hold it for me, because I'm afraid by the time I get there all the good spots will be taken."

- Hitman

Sure that you speak for a lot folks on here. My dad is on every hunting adventure, no matter how small or big "in memory".

good luck to all
the dog

Sorry for your loss.
I started hunting at an early age with my Dad also.
I can only imagine how you feel, my prayers are with you.

Robert

Great tribute to what sounds like an amazing father. I wish you the very best today!

Have a great hunt Hitman. Those of us in the same situation always know that Dad is there watching, probably laughing when we mess up, and probably whispering advice when we are trying to make the right decision.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and wishes. We hunters seem to be bound by a common thread of family and the outdoors. Had a good hike yesterday with bow in hand, but the only thing that we crossed paths with were 10 joggers and a DEP officer who gave us a warning ticket for not wearing florescent orange on the first day of small game season in CT, even though we were bow hunting for deer. The DEP officer called me at home later in the evening to apologize and he said that the hunter orange requirement doesn't kick in for bow hunters until after the deer gun season starts on Nov. 16. I thought is was a pretty stand up move for him to go to the trouble to call me at home and admit his mistake. At any rate, still looking for that urban white tailed buck. I wonder how may joggers the typical elk hunter encounters on a given hunt. My guess is zero. thanks again to eveyone. Have a great rest of your hunting season.

- Hitman

Thank you for helping us to still remmber and thank mine for what he shared and hes been gone for 24 years...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back