Yeti GOBOX Collection

In Defense of Mountain House -- a Treatise

• Thread starter Deleted member 16014
  • Start date
I honestly prefer @TOGIE version of backpacking meals and go with a mcdouble or my favorite is actually the McMuffin now that breakfast is all day. That’s only a day 1 or 2 treat though I guess.
Other than that the Peak meals are my favorite. Can’t eat an entire one though.

Heck yeah.

Days 1 and 2 are always always McDonald’s or chipotle. Tho, chipotle is flirting with disaster sometimes.

Though, I’m starting to think about getting an 18” Costco pizza for 9 dollars for my round two’s first few days of treats.

I actually really like the breakfast skillet and have eaten it at home a time or two. The chicken and dumplings is really good too and reminds me more of pot pie.

I still fondly remember my wife and I eating mountain houses while we hunted mule deer in Colorado on our honey moon.

Heck yeah.

Days 1 and 2 are always always McDonald’s or chipotle. Tho, chipotle is flirting with disaster sometimes.

Though, I’m starting to think about getting an 18” Costco pizza for 9 dollars for my round two’s first few days of treats.
Haha chipotle would be rough but those burritos would pack nicely.

Pizza would be a great treat at the truck. Tough to pack a pizza box into the backcountry. I’d love to see it though!

A gourmet meal feet off the ground.

Thank you for this down to earth tribute. Beef Stroganoff over instant mash potatoes is one of my favorite meals.

Spaghetti a solid second for me.

I haven’t been impressed with Peak and whatever other brands I’ve tried.

Beware, MH has a veggie chorizo, which maybe I too should have read but there was no meat in it, it was some sort of imitation chorizo IIRC.

Attachments

• IMG_5266.jpeg
    IMG_5266.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 16
A few random bag meal musings:

I often pack a big sack of goldfish crackers and dump them on top of a bag meal to add some calories.

Peak whoops MH on the calorie count. Been using them a lot more often if I can find them at a discount. MH usually tastes better though.

A friend recently took one look at a Peak bag and said “that’s got some strong Utah fitness bro energy going on.” Sure enough, company is in Utah.

I’m totally gonna set aside an MH meal for 25 years and eat it the day before the expiration date just cause.

All this talk about Mountain House and no one mentions Gastrognome?

I know her meals are expensive but after eating too many Mountain Houses a couple weeks ago @Elkoholic offered me a Gastronome Shepherds Pie.

🤯🤑🤑🤑🤑 It was mind blowing delicious. As was the peach cobbler. And the squash bowl breakfast.

If Mountain House and Peak Refuel are 5’s , Gastrognome is a solid 8.5 on the taste scale.

And while I'm in rant mode, what's the big deal about a certain cookie that starts with a "p" and ends in "ackaroons"? They are good, but coconunt macaroons are literally the easiest cookie on the face of the earth to make.
I haven’t listened to gritty in like 5 years, but I can still hear him raving about those damn things…

All this talk about Mountain House and no one mentions Gastrognome?

I know her meals are expensive but after eating too many Mountain Houses a couple weeks ago @Elkoholic offered me a Gastronome Shepherds Pie.

🤯🤑🤑🤑🤑 It was mind blowing delicious. As was the peach cobbler. And the squash bowl breakfast.

If Mountain House and Peak Refuel are 5’s , Gastrognome is a solid 8.5 on the taste scale.
Ditto.
Took GG to Alaska. It's off the hook.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back