Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Im bowing out

I put in an offer before doing a walkthrough as well, didn't waive the inspection or appraisal though when I was the buyer.

Actually did this 6 or 7 times before my offer won. 🤷‍♂️

Some housing markets you only have 24hrs or less.
Yah I can see putting in an offer but not waiting til closing at final walk through.

If that's for you go for it. There's not a chance in hell for me.

Just off the top of my head to touch on professionals the last 12 months

Proffesionals- inflation is only temporary

Proffesionals-mortgage rates might be up a little over 4% by the end of 2022

Proffesionals-covid vaccine will stop the spread.

View attachment 217519
All of those sure sounded rosey from the "proffesionals" sure wish they were all even remotely close to being right about that. I can't imagine trusting someone I've never met before to make a decision on buying something like that. Maybe if I was in question about something and asking a proffesional there opinion. Definitely hey guy your a proffesional you think its good, thanks well take it I don't need to have a look. I could see putting in an offer without physically walking through if your out of town etc but to not at least physically look before your attorney review period no way jose.
All of those things are opinions and guesses. Apples to oranges my man.

Even within your context, I sit behind a computer all day long, looking at tax returns, credit reports, financial statements, etc. If there isn't obvious damage I highly doubt I'd pick up any problems with a house. Foundation? Looks like concrete to me! Structure? Somewhere under the sheetrock, right? Electrical? Been shocked before, fool me once. . .

If it's not obvious to the naked eye, I ain't catching it. And frankly, that's probably true to nearly all homebuyers unless they work in the building/construction/inspection industry themselves.

I've spent my life having to trust "proffesionals" (;)) for any variety of items; it's fact of life for the vast majority of us whether we're talking about inspectors and mechanics or doctors and pharmacists.

All of those things are opinions and guesses. Apples to oranges my man.

Even within your context, I sit behind a computer all day long, looking at tax returns, credit reports, financial statements, etc. If there isn't obvious damage I highly doubt I'd pick up any problems with a house. Foundation? Looks like concrete to me! Structure? Somewhere under the sheetrock, right? Electrical? Been shocked before, fool me once. . .

If it's not obvious to the naked eye, I ain't catching it. And frankly, that's probably true to nearly all homebuyers unless they work in the building/construction/inspection industry themselves.

I've spent my life having to trust "proffesionals" (;)) for any variety of items; it's fact of life for the vast majority of us whether we're talking about inspectors and mechanics or doctors and pharmacists.
Different strokes I guess, glad it worked out for you.

That's retarded.
it's a give and a take. If you want a house you have to play in the housing market.

I think it's equally idiotic than we have realtors and that they get paid what they do. But after failing to sell a home for 3 months FSBO, I had to concede to play their game and it sold a couple weeks later for a similar price using as cheap a realtor as I could find.

We each get to set our own limitations, so if you don't want a house bad enough to adjust those rules then you probably don't get that house.

it's a give and a take. If you want a house you have to play in the housing market.

I think it's equally idiotic than we have realtors and that they get paid what they do. But after failing to sell a home for 3 months FSBO, I had to concede to play their game and it sold a couple weeks later for a similar price using as cheap a realtor as I could find.

We each get to set our own limitations, so if you don't want a house bad enough to adjust those rules then you probably don't get that house.
Like I said I can see putting in an offer of time is of the essence. But to not physically look until closing makes my head spin.

Context is king I think... my wife didn't see it till move in day. I think I saw it during the inspection?

Though I would have been fine waiting till final inspection as well.
True, you guys are planning on moving again before you even bought it though.

The median American household would need to devote 34% of its income to cover monthly payments on a median-price home in January, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. That is the highest since November 2008.

@nick87 if I was in your position, buying what might be a 20+ year house I’d stick to my guns and wait, or at the very least get something way under budget that I was sure I could quickly resale or rent then wait for what I wanted 🤷‍♂️
Yah one just came up a couple miles from me literally five minutes ago. Great house but it's got neighbors close on both sides. One of my stipulations is I can be in the back yard and not see anybody (at least within shouting distance I grew up with no neighbors and I absolutely hate having them) and shoot whenever I want. Sounds dumb but I'm not moving again so might as well wait. Finding what you want that is I your budget is the tricky part. Tbh I'd rather find one for a little less that's outdated inside. I can do just about anything inside that needs to be done and anything I can't I've got buddies who will work out a trade for me that can.

The median American household would need to devote 34% of its income to cover monthly payments on a median-price home in January, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. That is the highest since November 2008.

Net or gross you suppose? Big difference

Saw a report that the median price of a home in US is now $511k. 20% down days gone usually.

My 1st home purchase was $12k for 10 ac w/well & old 2br/1ba house. Saved for the 10% down in 2 years,12% interest. Paid off in 5 years making $20hr as a carpenter. 1976.
My bro said the place with the barn I built sold for $10 million last year. Tore down everything I built.

I've heard real estate taxes in Illinois were bad. That's insane!
Stopped to see a buddy I used to work with few days ago. Built a new house in 2019. 2000 sq ft 3 bed 3ba. 3 car garage real nice side. On a postage stamp lot. Taxes are $11,200. It's a track home, not even custom. there's a line around the block to buy one as they get finished.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back