Sophomore Success!

That’s awesome. I think you’re spoiled for life! When the complains about CO elk come, I’ll just include a link to this thread.

Do you have your trophy displayed yet?

That’s awesome. I think you’re spoiled for life! When the complains about CO elk come, I’ll just include a link to this thread.

Do you have your trophy displayed yet?

Actually hoping for a call from the taxi today, was told Monday he was checking to see if he was dry "mid-week" this week. I have a spot prepared for him in my game room, hopefully I'll post a pic soon!

Congrats on your hunt. Great story and a sure-fire encouragement for those who are trying to get into elk hunting on their own. Way to go. Also... nice touch with Randy on the TV in the trophy room. 😃

Congrats on your hunt. Great story and a sure-fire encouragement for those who are trying to get into elk hunting on their own. Way to go. Also... nice touch with Randy on the TV in the trophy room. 😃

Swear that wasn't on purpose haha but when I saw it in the pic I knew it was just right to post here lol

Well the first buddy who I talked into my crazy idea of hunting elk out west was the one with the tag this year, and 28 minutes into legal light opening day we got him a very nice 5x5. He was sitting right where I was when I shot mine in 2019 (of course thats where we'd go first right??), but he shot him a good 500+ yards closer to camp which was great! Yet another brutal pack out ensued, but man to have had this crazy idea about 27-28 months ago and now me and one of my best friends both have a nice elk...I am still in shock!

IMG_2746.jpg

IMG_2783.jpg

Well the first buddy who I talked into my crazy idea of hunting elk out west was the one with the tag this year, and 28 minutes into legal light opening day we got him a very nice 5x5. He was sitting right where I was when I shot mine in 2019 (of course thats where we'd go first right??), but he shot him a good 500+ yards closer to camp which was great! Yet another brutal pack out ensued, but man to have had this crazy idea about 27-28 months ago and now me and one of my best friends both have a nice elk...I am still in shock!

View attachment 158464

View attachment 158465
Very nice 5 point and congratulations on both of your bulls. Looks like you guys have a honey hole!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back