Yeti GOBOX Collection

Im bowing out

If these cranky old boomers would come back to the work force we wouldn't be lacking in fast food shift managers. And to the lazy grandparents who are only watching grandchildren two days a week. Could you step it up and watch a few more full time so our wemens could get back to the office. Retirement is economic leaching ;)

BTW, even Seattle public SD calls it Thanksgiving break, but most the Puget Sound SDs have gone to "Winter Break"

And they still celebrate Veteran's day. WTF is going on in Illinois
I will give it to one of my step sons teachers, two years ago for veterans day. He had some local veterans come in and talk with class. I was very happy about that. Better than just a day off school imo.

Sidetrack.
I think we could agree that if you spend less time with children your influence decreases. Would spending 3pm to 9pm with your kids make it more likely for your child to adopt you morals, values and ethics than would spending from 630pm to 9 pm together I don't know but I suspect yes.

School is 4 days a week if that now

Also here you cannot get on a waiting list for child care unless you are willing to pay for full time. They bill you for a full week regardless of days attended. I suspect that is common for high demand areas.
One I know of is $2200 a month with or without attendance. If a spot comes available you start paying even if the child hasn't been born or the mother is on maternity leave. You want your spot you don't miss a payment.

i dunno i have friends that pay for two days a week of nanny help 🤷‍♂️

i really just think my point is that it seems i hear a lot of people say "ain't nobody raising my kids but me" when i thought the traditional saying was "it takes a village"

feels elitist and high horse when in reality they're at work from 6 am to 6 pm anyway most likely, so is it just mom raising the kids? or just dad and not mom? or it both in different roles?

my dad was gone at work every day from 5 am to 6 pm for basically the entirety of my childhood and sure as hell feel like he still raised me. mom goes back to work and i spend 3 pm to 6 pm alone with my brother when we're in 4-5th grade and beyond.

i'm basically trying to say that i don't see all this is as black and white while (and maybe i'm misinterpreting) others do.

i dunno i have friends that pay for two days a week of nanny help 🤷‍♂️

i really just think my point is that it seems i hear a lot of people say "ain't nobody raising my kids but me" when i thought the traditional saying was "it takes a village"

feels elitist and high horse when in reality they're at work from 6 am to 6 pm anyway most likely, so is it just mom raising the kids? or just dad and not mom? or it both in different roles?

my dad was gone at work every day from 5 am to 6 pm for basically the entirety of my childhood and sure as hell feel like he still raised me. mom goes back to work and i spend 3 pm to 6 pm alone with my brother when we're in 4-5th grade and beyond.

i'm basically trying to say that i don't see all this is as black and white while (and maybe i'm misinterpreting) others do.
Definitely not black and white.
I'm talking regionally the areas in demand are really bad on lots of fronts and all of the local kids are being priced out at blazing speed. Not me but I see it so I have empathy for those I see it happening to.
I'm fine but here it has more to do with timing than people would like to admit.

State mandate. Washington state public schools will be in session, with students, 180 days every school year. How districts set up their schedule (start/end times, days off, etc.) is up to them.
My question, was why you can't call it Christmas or Thanksgiving, because everywhere I've ever lived it's definitely still officially called that.

And to that point, they cannot simply set up their schedule however they want, the State requires certain days to be observed per RCW 1.16.050. But yes, mid-winter break can be whenever the hell they feel like it, except of course anytime when I was in school.

I seems like graphs and numbers need to make the point, so I found some little known graphs that illustrate the common young philosophy on home buying;

View attachment 214529View attachment 214530View attachment 214531
Pretty funny actually with maybe a bit of truth as well.

But, considering its coming from a guy that bought a house 40+ years ago in Bozeman and you've never left 1960...the "source" is suspect, at best.

Big difference in 1960 and 2022...and its been pointed out.

But, considering its coming from a guy that bought a house 40+ years ago in Bozeman and you've never left 1960...the "source" is suspect, at best.

True, but the point is still on your head.

Last edited:
My question, was why you can't call it Christmas or Thanksgiving, because everywhere I've ever lived it's definitely still officially called that.

And to that point, they cannot simply set up their schedule however they want, the State requires certain days to be observed per RCW 1.16.050. But yes, mid-winter break can be whenever the hell they feel like it, except of course anytime when I was in school.
Edited: I was skimming earlier and completely missed the point you were making earlier, @neffa3 . I feel silly.

We don't call it Christmas Break anymore out of sensitivity to those who don't celebrate Christmas, but everyone knows that's what that break is for...

Last edited:

Big difference from 2019 to 2022. The cheapest lot in Bozeman today is $340,000 for a .60 acre lot.

Hey, according to Shrapnel, you just need to work harder.
I got my piece of Bozeman dirt back in June of 20. At the time I couldn’t hardly stomach paying what I did for 2 1/2 acres. Now there aren’t any lots that size for triple the price.

My biggest concern is where my kids are going to live and how they are going to save enough for a down payment.

Materials prices for a modest 2700 square foot home with attached 24x28 garage came in @ $100 per foot in 2020. The year I took off work and built my own home with help from my wife and kids seems like a good investment to me.

I still can’t wrap my head around that law in some states, seems so pointless.
You should see the liquor laws in some states like Oklahoma and Texas. Low point beer, limited sales on Sundays, dry counties where you buy memberships to drink at restaurants, etc.. You can tell the church was heavy into the groups making laws. It was like they thought by not selling beer on Sunday morning people would sober up and go to church.

I’m from Wisconsin, that really does not compute.

My county recently fought off the 9am limit for morning liquor sales, that was just too much restriction. How are you supposed to get drunk before a Badger or Packer game?!

Also, the local church festival is one of the biggest drinking events in my area!😂

Sorry for the detail on this thread, back to subject.

I got my piece of Bozeman dirt back in June of 20. At the time I couldn’t hardly stomach paying what I did for 2 1/2 acres. Now there aren’t any lots that size for triple the price.

My biggest concern is where my kids are going to live and how they are going to save enough for a down payment.

Materials prices for a modest 2700 square foot home with attached 24x28 garage came in @ $100 per foot in 2020. The year I took off work and built my own home with help from my wife and kids seems like a good investment to me.
They just need to work harder...its all it takes, ask Shrapnel.

(I hear you and everyone but the guy stuck in 1960 agrees).

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrisw
Back