Idaho's B team...

1_pointer

I have finally found 'Sasquatch'!! I had fished for steelhead 3 previous times with out landing a fish, but the fourth was the charm. I flew in to Boise on a Friday and drove with BOY and his father up to Orofino on Saturday. I don't know if the fishing was considered 'hot', but we did end up landing 8 steelhead (3 wild runs) between the three of us and had probably that many get off (barbless hooks).

For those that've never been up on the Clearwater this time of year, fishing is sorta like synchronized casting with lots of folks crowding in to a small area. Well, I was fishing to the right of BOY's dad when he hooked up, so I started reeling in to get out of the way when, WHAM! FISH ON! I hooked up fairly close to shore so it didn't take that long to land the thing, but those fish do fight! All in all it was good time and better yet I spend 2.5 days in Orofino with NO RAIN! :D

Here's my first landed steelhead:
Picture096.jpg

Sunday's total take of keepers:
Picture098.jpg

The whole take:
Picture104.jpg

Luckily BOY's father went as this is the place we generally stay for $15/night...
Picture101.jpg

That is tons of fun. Congrats! I've pulled a few out of those same spots as well. Makes the flight and drive worth it I'm sure.

Thanks for the kudos fellas! Now I'll have to see if work/wife/life let me take on the "A team" yet this spring...

Congrats on the steelies, seems like once a person figures them out it seems to get easier.

That lack of snow is enough to drive a guy crazy.

Come up in sept/early oct. and I will take ya out. the fish are not as big but they are "hot" and full of action. Next time ya get up this way let me know and we can go out in the Sled! LIL

Bobber fishing is for women, get on the other side of that plum and bounce the bottom, thats real fishing :) Ahh I can't give a rookie to much crap, one of my first steelhead was right there at the "pole yard" within feet of where you stand with a bobber.........

Great thing about the 'pole yard' is that The Woodlot is nearby! ;)

LIL- I'll keep that in mind! I really, really want to get back up that way with a deer tag in hand. I have a score to settle with some whitetails up towards Cavendish.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back