Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Idaho Lt. Gov claims Idaho owns federal lands

^^^Done before he started.

He self-pwned himself on that and it was funny as heck.

Lots of crazy running for the legislature. The Redoubt movement is a large part of that, coupled with tribal partisanship, buoyed by the lack of honest media.

It's further exacerbated by honest, hardworking people who don't care enough to pay attention, or who should run, and don't.

I really hope McGeachin and Bundy get crushed in the primaries, however, I'm afraid there may be enough support for Janice from Idaho Falls and Pocatello to keep her somewhat relevant for a while. I kinda hope Little makes another run.

So did his child bride....permanently, as it were.
ouch!

High Country News had an article a few years back about how the rightest of the right come to Idaho thinking its a conservative utopia and that's how we end up with these folks. The McGeachin and Chad Christensen worship in IF is absurd.

Idaho does have its share of extreme characters. First election after I moved there was 1992. I had not heard of Bo, and was surprised at the support he recieved from most of the North Idaho counties.
Also interesting that while the bio presented here by the Southern Poverty Law Center is accurate, their organization is extreme to the left perspective. Good way to raise money, by harping on how extreme the other side is.
Yep, several years ago hunting in North Idaho I found myself in a place that seemed faintly familiar, then I remembered - Ruby Ridge!

Idaho is doing just fine thanks, but she is definitely not ideal. She is already playing political games to pander to certain voters last week with her mask mandate order while she was acting governor. No way the order would ever stick but boy did she pump up the fringe voters with her nonsense.
This -

Crazy R like a fox.

The Lt Gov (aka Hedley Lamarr) forced Governor Little to rescind her Executive Order, which she will certainly use to call him the enemy of liberty during her campaign.

For her part, if you keep posting selfies with fringe groupers to your social media, and then taking it down because, "...it caused people to make comments about me which are not my true character.", you might need to examine your true character.

For those not familiar with the minutiae of Idaho politics; when Governor Little was out of state in May, Lt Gov McGeachin issued an Executive Order removing all mask mandates from the State of Idaho. Governor Little then reversed it on the grounds that it had already been a bill in this legislative session and failed a floor vote, and that the policy of the State of Idaho is not to overrule mandates from local governments. The concept being that the government closest to the people governs best.

Living near to Moscow in Latah County, I get that we are all tired of masks, but McGeachin was not thinking of freedom and liberty. She was pushing the Governor into a box she can hang around his neck come election time.

BTW - If you collide with a moose in Fremont County, remember that IDFG and IDOT did not push migration corridor overpasses in Island Park for the same reasoning of not forcing localities into line with State policy. The good people of Fremont County prefer their property aesthetics over public safety and science driven game management. Said County Commissioners resolving by vote to have no wildlife highway crossings in their beautiful piece of Utah. ( Oh sorry, I mean Idaho. ) I don't know or care what they think about masks. I'm not going to Island Park, I might hit a moose. I suppose I could be convinced to go down there to set up a spotter surveillance to try to get that $40,000 reward for the Island Park serial grizzly poacher. (Thank Ryan Callaghan for showing them where to look in a conservation YouTube about IDFG grizzly work. Ironic, no? )

@TheTone is right. McGeachin needs to be shut down at the primary because there are a lot of R's who will vote for her in the general election even if she were running a brothel and selling bootleg liquor out the back door. It has yet to be seen if Paulette Jordan is going to declare for the Democrats. Who else, Lauren McLean ?:rolleyes:

I do not think she can touch Gov. Little if he runs again. Most reasonable people seem to understand that he had a difficult line to walk regarding the pandemic. I do worry that the reasonable people don't vote sometimes. But then I was in Lemhi County last week. They would wrap her in Gasden and "F$@k Biden" flags and put her on a pedestal.

O Bouchard, Bouchard, wherefore art thou Bouchard?
Idaho says, "Hold my beer."

@Ben Lamb or others: What's the benefit for politicians to pander fringe voters?

Are they solid votes because they're so rabid-like thus worth throwing a bone to capture votes, take a little heat from the moderates and others, the moderates/others move on but the fringe still hold his/her name come ballot time?

Or?

Idaho says, "Hold my beer."

This particular incident was the nail in the coffin for my membership in a political party.

Not even a shred of common decency anymore.

ouch!

High Country News had an article a few years back about how the rightest of the right come to Idaho thinking its a conservative utopia and that's how we end up with these folks. The McGeachin and Chad Christensen worship in IF is absurd.
High Country News is an interesting news source. Their investigative journalism really get's into the weeds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back