Idaho Lt. Gov claims Idaho owns federal lands

the rightest of the right come to Idaho thinking its a conservative utopia and that's how we end up with these folks.
I have seen this in western MT since the early 90's and in that last few years its got real crazy. I get asked all the time and especially during the legislative session what the hell is wrong with western MT politics. Ravalli County and Sanders County seems to attracted the craziest conservatives the country has to offer. Much like N. Idaho.

There are intelligent hard working folks that have different political beliefs from mine. I respect them, Tipton should not have lost that primary.

Good article.
he lost to primary challenger Lauren Boebert, ending his hopes for a sixth term in Congress. Since then, he’s had a lot of time to reflect. He said he always knew his time here was limited.
“As soon as you walk in the door, you're moving toward leaving.”

There’s a saying about members of Congress: There are two types — and, no, it is not Democrat and Republican. It’s the show horse and the workhorse. For the last 10 years, Tipton has been viewed by many in Congress as the latter.

Basically... if the candidate is a Republican and getting bashed on Fox or if they are Democrat and getting bashed by Krystal Ball then they are probably a great choice 😂
In Arizona, we just wait until Meghan McCain gets her daily guaranteed air time and whatever she says is gospel.
There’s talk of her running, which I think sounds like a great idea for her health and appearance as long as it’s not for office.

@Ben Lamb or others: What's the benefit for politicians to pander fringe voters?

Are they solid votes because they're so rabid-like thus worth throwing a bone to capture votes, take a little heat from the moderates and others, the moderates/others move on but the fringe still hold his/her name come ballot time?

Or?
In Idaho appealing to the far right fringe has little negative consequences. You’re most likely going to get elected simply for the R behind your name. It has led to things moving far, far right in recent years and anyone that’s even close to a moderate R being all but burned at the stake

I have seen this in western MT since the early 90's and in that last few years its got real crazy. I get asked all the time and especially during the legislative session what the hell is wrong with western MT politics. Ravalli County and Sanders County seems to attracted the craziest conservatives the country has to offer. Much like N. Idaho.

I've had the good fortune of knowing a bunch of lifetime Libby, MT residents. My primary mentor that got me into western hunting is one of them. Some of the most generous and hardest working folks i've met and freaking nuts politically. And I say that tending to vote for candidates from the same party.

In Idaho appealing to the far right fringe has little negative consequences. You’re most likely going to get elected simply for the R behind your name. It has led to things moving far, far right in recent years and anyone that’s even close to a moderate R being all but burned at the stake
The smell of smoke follows me everywhere I go. God forbid you say Utah has too much influence.

The polarization goes both directions. The left moves farther to the fringe to compensate. Cecil Andrus, where are you?

Writing letters to Idaho politicians about actual issues is infuriating. You usually get the Ken Ivory form letter back.
I happily wrote to Rep Simpson for having the stones to try getting all parties around the table on dam breaching. You need you praise them when they do right.

I live in Idaho Falls. I've met Janice. While I completely disagree with her on this issue, she does seam like a person you can talk to and reason with. Maybe we could get together at her pub and have a sit down discussion with her about this issue.

I live in Idaho Falls. I've met Janice. While I completely disagree with her on this issue, she does seam like a person you can talk to and reason with. Maybe we could get together at her pub and have a sit down discussion with her about this issue.
Reach out to her people. The question isn't can you, the question is -$100? $500? or $1000?

Idaho is doing just fine thanks, but she is definitely not ideal. She is already playing political games to pander to certain voters last week with her mask mandate order while she was acting governor. No way the order would ever stick but boy did she pump up the fringe voters with her nonsense.
What I'm reading is she unilaterally revoked the governor's mask mandate order the moment he left the state for a conference. He came back the next day and reinstated it. Called her action an abuse of power ... which it is. She has also gone on record as supporting the Bundy standoff creeps as victims of "govt heavy hand." A proud Tea Party nut. Yeah, you can sit down and have a beer with that nut job but I'll pass. Her insanity may be contageous.

@Ben Lamb or others: What's the benefit for politicians to pander fringe voters?

Are they solid votes because they're so rabid-like thus worth throwing a bone to capture votes, take a little heat from the moderates and others, the moderates/others move on but the fringe still hold his/her name come ballot time?

Or?

It's because the rabid vote in the primaries & the moderates/independents vote in the general election. by and large, Americans are becoming far more polarized than in the past. The fringes make up significantly more of the population base than they have in the past, and a lot of that has to do with the digital information age, loss of the fairness doctrine and the rise of political punditry masquerading as legitimate news.

It's because the rabid vote in the primaries & the moderates/independents vote in the general election. by and large, Americans are becoming far more polarized than in the past. The fringes make up significantly more of the population base than they have in the past, and a lot of that has to do with the digital information age, loss of the fairness doctrine and the rise of political punditry masquerading as legitimate news.
Right on target as usual.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back