Idaho Deer plus

IdahoBugler

This year was a little different then the last few years of hunting for me. I cut my hunting down quite a bit but still made it out a few times. Here are a few pics of some of the outings.

Kawika with his first Idaho bird. 3 generations of hunters from the DeForest family.
P1230569.jpg

Even with the war point we weren't able to find a buck worthy of our tag. Even though every little buck we saw the kids thought it was big enough.
P1230539.jpg

I was able to make it out opening day of the general Idaho deer season. I did see a few decent bucks but nothing worth pulling the trigger on. I found a lot of sign from our local predators. I will be back a little later to find one of these guys.
P1230474.jpg

P1230471.jpg

I was able to make it out the last couple of days of the deer season but had to promise the wife I would make it back in time to take our little one out trick or treating. The deal was made and I already knew when I was going to shoot a deer since of course that deal was made. :eek: You guessed it..... At 2:00 pm on Halloween I downed this buck 4.5 miles from the road.
P1230604.jpg

P1230623.jpg

P1230635.jpg

I gutted, hung and packed out what I could and made it just in time to take the little one out. Even at that I had to come back the next day to finish the pack job.

Kalina with grandma. She is wearing a cupcake outfit.
P1230639.jpg

Bryce,

You are a stellar example of a man who balances family and his passion for hunting. I respect that more than you realize. You really get the big picture and set the bar pretty high for the rest of us in all aspects of life. Congratulations on a great year!

The pics tell a story of an October to remember. Congrats to all the hunters. Your buck is exceptional, especially for a general tag.

Congrats on a great buck. Seems llike evey time you step in the woods you drag a monster back out. Hope all the luck evey one is having on mule deer this year carrys on through the season.

Bryce, limited time; you still pull out great critters and family time. Well done.

Great buck, congrats. One of the better general season deer I've seen this year.

Well done Bryce! A great season and I imagine they'll only get better as Kawika gets older. He's certaily got hunting in his bloodlines.

Nice Buck!... 2 pm and 4.5 miles from the road. Hopefully you just smeared a little blood on your face and picked up the kids- good enough for a Halloween costume.

Nice pics Bryce.. Good to see family pics. Those are cherished over the years. Enjoy every waking moment you can with them. They grow up quicker then you think. Mine are 22,20,18,15 I have spent a lot of time on the road, w and have missed more then I should have due to work. But they always come first. I know you know that, but just never forget.....
I just got back from co elk a few days early. The guys i want with had a family member that had medical problems and we had to cut it short. They put family first also and we drive that long 22 hrs home yesterday. Three man tag team can pack up quick and put some miles down.
Good luck on the wolf.

Nice work fellas. First time to see bird hunters wearing binoclulars and even a range finder!! (First picture) Talk about spot and stalk!!!

That is awesome - fewer days hunting, still impressive animals and happy kids. Win - win. Great family pics. Happy holidays to you, and to all the guys on here. Again, congrats.

Congrats on being able to get it all done, great family time, and sneak in some hunting as well. Great buck and great looking kids Bugler.

Back