Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

ID Results Up!

I drew an early season Owyhee deer (archery). I also drew the hard to draw antelope unlimited archery. I swear this year I'm finally going to get it done with a bow.

Zip, Zero, Nada, nuthin again! Better get close to some landowners I reckon.
And another trip north for general season whitetails.
WD

One elk, one deer, so far, in our camp.

Still waiting on word from the other three. Told my brother who is visiting in Indiana that our results are up already. He is going nuts because he doesn't have his license with him to check. Hope he keeps it together until he returns next week..... He is one of those guys who keeps everybody jacked all year until we get to camp and then he is total calm. Go figure.....

One elk, one deer, so far, in our camp.

Still waiting on word from the other three. Told my brother who is visiting in Indiana that our results are up already. He is going nuts because he doesn't have his license with him to check. Hope he keeps it together until he returns next week..... He is one of those guys who keeps everybody jacked all year until we get to camp and then he is total calm. Go figure.....

He should be able to sign in like he's buying a license or tag with his DL or SS#. Mine show up under controlled hunts.

Success

Our party drew 4 out of 125 bull tags but didn't draw deer or speed goat, might have to try and draw an unlimited goat on 2nd chance.
Good luck all,
Jon

wife and I drew tags antelope archery early. A good friend as a really good elk tag. Thats about all I know.

Our party drew 4 out of 125 bull tags but didn't draw deer or speed goat, might have to try and draw an unlimited goat on 2nd chance.
Good luck all,
Jon
They don't let you apply for unlimited tags on 2nd chance drawing. It would be nice though.

They don't let you apply for unlimited tags on 2nd chance drawing. It would be nice though.

Has anyone ever got a good explanation about the idea behind the unlimited controlled hunt tags?

Seems to me if they're willing to give out an unlimited number then they ought to be willing to have a second drawing.

A lot of striking out. Bummer to hear. ID must be like CO, in that they are limiting number of tags?, and giving folks their money back. A shame.

Has anyone ever got a good explanation about the idea behind the unlimited controlled hunt tags?

Seems to me if they're willing to give out an unlimited number then they ought to be willing to have a second drawing.

We have some of those in Montana. Rationale is that it keeps those people from trying to draw some of the limited quota hunts, making those odds better.

Guess they are saying, "If you want to unlimited unit bad enough, make it your first choice and you will get it. But, for the benefit of knowing you will get the tag, you are giving up your opportunity to apply for the limited quota units."

They implemented this last year for archery antelope. Prior to last year you could buy it over the counter and I guess throughout the years archery hunters have complained about the number of hunters, so IDF&G went to the unlimited idea (which you can list as your second choice in the controlled draw) in hopes that fewer people would end up with tags since you can no longer buy them over the counter or in the leftover draws.

Last edited:
zip on the draw,does anybody have info on the second draw? and how it works,dates ,ect?or any tips on the general A B tags?hate to waste my idaho non -res $160 huntin licence for nothin.

I like that they only allow you to apply for the unlimited tags on the first drawing. Why give everyone a chance to apply again? Guys it's real simple to apply for unlimited tags. You put your first choice as a tough draw and the second as an unlimited. Idaho is not like other states where they look at multiple choices. So pretty much if you are looking at any buck/bull tags they will be gone before your second choice is looked at. Hence the reason you apply for unlimited second choice.

Thanks! Forgot about that and so did he. After a quick text back and forth, found out he drew deer. So, at this point we are at 3 elk, 2 deer with one yet to report in.

He should be able to sign in like he's buying a license or tag with his DL or SS#. Mine show up under controlled hunts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back