Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

I need prayers if you are so inclined....

If not this year, next year for sure. Life is too short, don't let them beat you down. I know that's not how you are feeling right now, but things can and do get better.

Best of luck to you and the two possible job opportunities. Praying that you may return stateside and be with family, friends, and bull elk soon.

A little update.....not quite there but it is looking better. Might not make hunting season but still a chance. I will let you all know when I have a result and appreciate all of your thoughts and prayer.

Here is the latest....I have a job :) I will be starting 19SEP16 and should be on a plane home 16SEP16....thanks to all who sent up some prayers and good thoughts. I couldn't be much more thankful to get home to the family. This isn't a"forever" job but it is good enough to get me there and work on it from there. I should get at least a weekend of hunting in 2nd season.....I will take what I can get. Thanks again!!!

Congratulations! That is great news and happy you get to return to your family.

Welcome home SFC. The best time to look for a job is when you already have one. And I bet you will find a permanent job. Enjoy your time home with your family, your 2nd season rifle elk hunt, and thanks for your military service.

Congrats on landing a job! A thanks for your 21 years of service to this great country!

As others have said, THANK YOU! and I'm proud of you for doing what it takes to support your family no matter what soil you are on.

So, as some of you know the last year has been one of upheaval and transition in the SFC household. I was medically retired from the Army after almost 21years and that process was much quicker than they had relayed to me (said I would probably be out in Jan-Feb and was out in OCT). As such I didn't have the volume of applications for job in the Springs area out I needed to try and secure a position immediately. Couple that with the Army screwing up my pay for four months and it became necessary for me to go back to Europe to the job I held previously in order to get the $$$$ rolling again. I have been here by myself since April and it is tough. No family or friends in the area just work and the gym. Well, I got a couple of tentative job offers last week and have sent them both back yes answers as I would take either one to get me home. Not nearly as much as I am making here but plenty to live on. Add to that trying to not miss my second season in a row for deer and elk and I need all the happy thoughts and prayer you Hunttalkers can muster. If all goes right I still might make 2nd season in CO.......

Thoughts and prayers for you my friend. It sounds like you have been battling through it and working your tail off. It's gonna pull through.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back