I may or may not have.....

I may or may not have had my whole skinned deer carcass lying on top of plastic in my kitchen for a couple days before it finally thawed out to the point where I could finally cut it up. It had been outside in -30 degree weather.

After all this, I am thinking there is a goldmine available for someone to start a new chain of seasonal motel / slaughterhouses / DIY euro mount studios in select cities. Thinking Craig, Baggs, Grand Junction, Rifle, Rawlins, Rock Springs, and other places with tons of hunter throughput. Must of course provide industrial laundry, power washers, all-tile surfaces, concrete furniture, floor drains, and dermestid beetle colonies. You provide your own sheets.

After all this, I am thinking there is a goldmine available for someone to start a new chain of seasonal motel / slaughterhouses / DIY euro mount studios in select cities. Thinking Craig, Baggs, Grand Junction, Rifle, Rawlins, Rock Springs, and other places with tons of hunter throughput. Must of course provide industrial laundry, power washers, all-tile surfaces, concrete furniture, floor drains, and dermestid beetle colonies. You provide your own sheets.
Dry ice houses are a gold mine too. When we were in Alaska and found out there was no place to get dry ice, we immediately thought a shack for the summer and fall months where we produced and sold dry ice could make us enough to at least get by up there :)

I may or may not have had a raccoon resurrect itself while hanging from it's foot in my basement while I was at school. The call from my mother was epic..

I can also neither confirm nor deny that I had a "road kill" fox resurrection in the trunk of my Jetta one time..

The dorms at Montana State actually have a gun locker. I kept a rifle and shotgun with me when I lived on campus.
Yeah east coast alma mater has one as well, my sister actually did her hunters safety course through the school when she was there, one of those no good commie professors taught it ;) There was also a 3D target course set up behind the golf course when I was there, I took archery as a PE course and that’s were I learned to shoot a bow.

A bunch of kids hunted every fall, they were just low key about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may or may not have gone duck hunting down a dirt road after a snowstorm knowing I was gonna get the 2wd pickup ( only one I had at the time ) I was a driving stuck but duck hunting was in and I knew I could find someone to pull me out. For the record I did not kill any ducks but I also wasn’t sitting on the couch wishing I was hunting. Also my brother in law is the one who may or may not have had to pull me out.

I may or may not have been renewing my license at DMV only to have the license examiner look at my address and ask. “ Are y’all the one who are always shooting ? “ turns out she was a neighbor on the road behind my parents farm. I admitted to it being us and informed her the we had a large dirt bank that all the guns are fired downhill into.

I may or may not have been in a dorm room at Montana Tech when a 30-06 was discharged. Luckily, not my rifle, not my AD. I only got dorm probation for having my rifle in my room. It's amazing how much smoke, "smokeless" powder makes in a confined space....

I may or may not have been in a dorm room at Montana Tech when a 30-06 was discharged. Luckily, not my rifle, not my AD. I only got dorm probation for having my rifle in my room. It's amazing how much smoke, "smokeless" powder makes in a confined space....
I was a day early for my summer session as a freshman at University of Idaho. I stayed with a friend at his apartment off campus until the dorms opened for us. He was headed home that night. So his roommates threw a little party. When the roommate had an AD with his handgun that night I went out and slept in my truck. It was quite an eye opening experience for this green kid.

Where I lived on campus was described by one sorority girl as "where there is dead stuff hanging in the Fall" We did get written up by the Health department for having wild game in the commercial kitchen. So we had to rent locker space for our deer and elk.

The founders of the local chapter may or may not have "gone hunting with their dog Spot" in the 50's to feed the fraternity....

Yeah Middlebury has one as well, my sister actually did her hunters safety course through the school when she was there, one of those no good commie professors taught it ;) There was also a 3D target course set up behind the golf course when I was there, I took archery as a PE course and that’s were I learned to shoot a bow.

A bunch of kids hunted every fall, they were just low key about it.
We actually got the university PD called on us one night for grilling the tenderloins from a mule deer I had just shot on a little propane grill in a dorm room. Shared some with the officer who showed up and he was pretty cool about it. We usually barbecued out of the back of our pickups in the parking lot but it was about -10 that night, so he understood.

When I was about 10-12 years old a buddy and I were out messing around with our little fiberglass bows. We each had ONE target arrow each as I recall. My Norwegian Elkhound was with us. We came upon a skunk along an irrigation ditch. Said Elkhound started barking and going after the skunk who did what skunks tend to do. We may or may not have used our ONE arrow each to shoot the skunk to kill it all the while the dog was getting sprayed as were we. We may or may not have had to pull our arrows out of the still live skunk and then shoot him again each of us before he died. We may or may not have then hauled the skunk HOME so that I could show my mother how we had taken out this varmint by golly. Poor mother was not happy. Made us take the skunk back far far away. Then had to wash us in the bath with tomato juice and then vinegar, and whatever else she could think was an elixir to fix our problem. I discovered one thing in that skunks REALLY stink but if you are literally covered in the stench at some point your nose seems to quite working and you cannot smell anything as it's so horrible. The odor seems to lessen a bit. Not for those nearby though!

Last edited:
I think you win.

Is it weird that I wonder how they tasted? Lol
Tasted great, nobody had a clue. So I of course, had to tell them. But he got me back. One cold night when it was his turn to cook dinner at elk camp he left the tent to drain the water off the macaroni he was cooking. He spilled some on the frozen ground then scooped it back into the pot. He then took his flashlight and looked in the pot. He may or may not have picked all the frozen elk turds out of it before serving the macaroni and cheese to me and his little brother.

Ticks are not nice! For some reason ticks seem to really like me. I was spring bear hunting with a buddy. The ticks were HORRIBLE that spring. We would walk about 100 yards and then stop for several minutes and pick ticks off of each others pants legs and wherever else they might be located on our clothing. I may or may not have accidentally brought a tick or two home with me thinking that after my shower and cloths change that I was tick free. My wife may have woken up the next morning with a tick crawling on the back of her neck in her hairline if I remember correctly. My wife was NOT Happy! A couple days later my belly button started hurting and was bugging me. I was in bed as we were just waking up and I told her to look as I have an innie and I could not see inside to tell what was going on. My wife looked and started freaking out and saying oh my, crap, and other language.

I May have had a tick burrow into my belly button right in the center and was inside my skin with just about his back half as all that was left sticking out. I told my wife to get some fingernail polish remover and fill my belly button like a swimming pool. After she did that and we waited about 5 minutes I figured the tick would be dead. She got a paper towel and I drained the pool by dabbing the paper towel in my belly button. She then got a tweezers and may have tried several times to extract the tick without success trying to be "gentle". I finally got frustrated because I couldn't take care to this removal myself and I told her to "just grab the damn thing and pull it out." Which she did and was successful. The tick came out whole and may have had a piece of my flesh clinched in his shut jaws! As soon as the extraction was successful some of the lower level pool liquid immediately filled in the void she had created. Holy crap did that fingernail polish remover hurt when it went into the hole left by the ticks eviction from the premises. I mean it really hurt!

I ended up getting sick about a week later running 103 temperature and sweating buckets. I had "one" of the several types of tick fevers that are possible to get. It was not worth testing to figure out which one so they just gave me strong antibiotics which I took for 10 days. I was home sick as a dog for more than a week before I got better.

Back