I may or may not have.....

I might, or, might not have schemed to take a gun...just ONE gun to campus so I could hunt the fall of my freshman year out of state. What I DIDN'T expect was an upperclassmen move in crew! I had to promise said gun was just in my parents' car for the ride down and was going back with them.

I might or might not have brought it back after visiting home the first time 🤭
View attachment 151409
Different times. 2020 I would have been expelled.

I kept my bow and guns in my dorm room in college. Definitely, different times now, but pretty common back then.

used motel bathtubs to butcher game , wash clothes or store meat ( filled with ice )

borrowed a 6.5 x55 Swede from my grandfather, that I have not returned but have promised to do so--someday

was ill and missed a few days of school during hunting season

said I had to wash my hair when ask out on a date in college

ask a couple of members of this forum if they have ever listened to any music since the 1960's/1970's
Hey Now! I was listening to XM Turbo yesterday. Tool and Disturbed are good road music. Graddaughter and I ripping off the knobs and beating on the dashboard.
But Luke Bryan vs The Eagles is not even a question. Anyone who thinks "Country Girl shake it for me" and "Lyin' Eyes" belong on the same radio channel needs to just go home.

I'm betting Papa is happier you are using the Swede than he is nervous about getting it back.

To stay on thread topic -
I may or may not have strapped game quarters to the top of a Toyota Tercel wagon luggage rack. (killed with a Swede)

I kept my bow and guns in my dorm room in college. Definitely, different times now, but pretty common back then.
Man I didn't even think of that and how things are in today's society.

I too may or may not have kept my 12ga shotgun, .30-06 rifle, .22 and bow 365 days a year in my car trunk during my Junior and Senior years of high school. Between shooting leagues and hunting after school often, it was just out of convienance.

Man I didn't even think of that and how things are in today's society.

I too may or may not have kept my 12ga shotgun, .30-06 rifle, .22 and bow 365 days a year in my car trunk during my Junior and Senior years of high school. Between shooting leagues and hunting after school often, it was just out of convienance.
The dorms at Montana State actually have a gun locker. I kept a rifle and shotgun with me when I lived on campus.

May or may not have been part of icing down a 250 pound hog in a motel bathroom for a couple of days prior to a pig roast.

I may or may not have dumped the nasty bits from macerated skulls down the toilet a few times.

I may or may not have put a live bat in a teacher coat in the 4th grade.

that could turn into homicide 😉

I’m working through the rabies vaccine series currently

I may or may not have purposefully tried to catch a bat with my fly rod

I may or may not have broke the driver side window in my truck this last weekend in order to get the keys that my 10-year-old son locked in said truck. And if you’re wondering a five weight is enough rod to fish a set of keys off the center consul of a Ford F150. I now have the entry code memorized.1017F7B6-8F1D-45C0-AF56-7B0D6D67AFF2.jpeg

I might, or, might not have schemed to take a gun...just ONE gun to campus so I could hunt the fall of my freshman year out of state. What I DIDN'T expect was an upperclassmen move in crew! I had to promise said gun was just in my parents' car for the ride down and was going back with them.

I might or might not have brought it back after visiting home the first time 🤭
View attachment 151409
Different times. 2020 I would have been expelled.

I was taking apart my shotgun In my truck in our dorm parking lot after duck hunting on a wet rainy daI do that I could get it in a big duffel bag and campus security saw me. Somehow how they believed it was going to stay in my truck.

in high school when we’d go fishing after school I’d put the fish scraps in a Wal Mart bag. The next morning I’d drop them in the cafeteria garbage on the way to class.

I may or may not have used the bathtub to wash the dirt and blood out of an elk hide.

The dorms at Montana State actually have a gun locker. I kept a rifle and shotgun with me when I lived on campus.
That's more of less how it worked for us Grizzlies, as well. When I went to UM, we could have a gun in the dorm, but it had to live in special room and you could check it out to go hunting, etc.

I may or may not have use my jetboil in the hotel room to make supper. It may or may not have set off an alarm causing the hotel to evacuate...

haha. My dad did the same thing when we were at a car show many moons ago. It was raining and we planned on grilling our supper. :D

On another thread discussing game bag re-use, I saw that someone disclosed that they “may or may not have” on occasion washed out gamebags in sinks or bathtubs during their travels. Good for a laugh. Relatable.

Glad to have inspired you.

-Butchered deer and antelope in a hotel room;
-Splattered animal brain matter all over in an indoor carwash (relax, I would clean up if I were to do such a thing);
-Have washed my mud caked gear in the same sink or bath as I did blood soaked game bags;
-Left hole carcasses thaw in the basement to butcher them;
-Done European mounts on the stove inside the house (I would see nothing wrong with that if I were to do it); and
-Hidden home made taxidermy in some dry heated buildings at work for them to dry.

Obviously, if I were to have done any of those things, I'd make sure to leave everything clean and scent free afterwards.

On the way home from an Idaho spring bear hunt I stopped in another state for a couple days to scout an elk area for that fall. Temps were in the 80's so after salting a bear hide in a hotel parking lot I may or may not have rolled and stuffed it into the fridge in my room for the night. It may or may not have leaked a lot of blood/liquid into the carpet of the room. If this would have in fact happened, I may or may not would have used the towels to soak up as much as I could and rinsed them in the sink and tub. I probably may have left that hotel and stayed the remaining night in a different one (and kept the hide in a cooler).

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back