I have officially found the limit of the "Yeti Bro" culture for me......

SFC B

At work we carry several different roto molded coolers. I am the owner of both RTIC and Kong (my fav) coolers and do see the value in quality coolers to have for the long haul. We also carry the entire line of Yeti accessories and goodies. Tonight, on one of the end caps i came into contact with something I just can't wrap my head around......the Yeti "Loadout GoBox" . First, it is way too small to be functional for a LOT of equipment packing. Second, although it is built very well it is a BRICK at 11 lbs empty. Finally, it is TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY bucks!!! I just don't see the need/niche. Maybe it is just me.........

At work we carry several different roto molded coolers. I am the owner of both RTIC and Kong (my fav) coolers and do see the value in quality coolers to have for the long haul. We also carry the entire line of Yeti accessories and goodies. Tonight, on one of the end caps i came into contact with something I just can't wrap my head around......the Yeti "Loadout GoBox" . First, it is way too small to be functional for a LOT of equipment packing. Second, although it is built very well it is a BRICK at 11 lbs empty. Finally, it is TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY bucks!!! I just don't see the need/niche. Maybe it is just me.........
I’m with ya. I’m kind of a container dork and I still couldn’t figure out a way to justify one of those things at that price.

If you don't think you need a Yeti, there is plenty of information here to prove you wrong.

As someone with a couple of dozen coolers, those guys are full of it on some of these videos.

There are also videos on YouTube laying out the case as to why the earth is flat.

Now is a Yeti so much better as to be worth the difference in price? Nope, not to me. There are less expensive rotomolded options that work just as well, however it should stand to reason that a cooler with more and better insulation...well it insulates better.

I thought Yeti might have the answer to durable camp gear packing boxes.

What I find lacking in most plastic boxes is that they are quite a ways from the oversize dimensions thresholds of length, width, and height of greater than 62 inches

A plastic box roughly 10"x15"x36" will still be able to be checked luggage on an airline. And I can sling two of them them on a packhorse when I get where I'm going .

Exhibit A (61.25 inches W+L+H) https://www.wesourceusa.com/products/rolling-tool-box-32-w-x-17-d-x-12-1-4-h
  • Overall Depth 17 in
  • Overall Height 12 1/4 in
  • Overall Width 32 in

I can buy 6 of these for the same price as one LoadOut from Yeti!

Well 5...once I get the appropo sticker pack

StarterPackWS_bea68eb8-968f-469b-b929-a3f0ddb09783_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
The $40 5 gallon pail is what did it for me.

I just bought 25 food grade buckets w/lids for 60 bucks, and I felt like I paid too much.
Do your FG buckets have $90 worth of accessories to add on? I didn't think so.

How about their $300 camp chairs?

Yeti = redneck Louis Vuitton. When you want to look important but the chit you bought is just over priced.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back