Yeti GOBOX Collection

I have officially found the limit of the "Yeti Bro" culture for me......

I will say this, I had two Igloo coolers. After a few years, all of the hinges and latches broke. They retained ice fine, but the rest was so cheaply built I got rid of them. Most of the rotomolded coolers have better hinges and latches.

The $40 5 gallon pail is what did it for me.

I just bought 25 food grade buckets w/lids for 60 bucks, and I felt like I paid too much.
Since I'm the "outdoors guy" in the family, I tend to get Yeti gifts and have accumulated a handful of different items ranging from various "tumblers" all the way up to a 145qt cooler.

I have two of the buckets - those pieces of trash aren't even waterproof...even with their $25 proprietary lids. I have switched to green Menards buckets with white lids for about $4 all in. They are waterproof which is sort of what I need a bucket to do.

I will admit that the 145 is nice when I have someone who can help me move it and I need to keep a lot of stuff cold for a long time.

That being said, the two things I use the absolute most are my 65qt Coleman Extreme and my RTIC softside. They are super light and do a reasonable enough job holding ice. I should add up some day the pounds of game I have hauled in those.

The Coleman Extremes punch way above the price points That's the go-to cooler for me. Cheap, lasts long enough, & keeps chit cold.

I've got the Yeti water bottle & growler. I like the water bottle, but the wife has taken the growler. It was a birthday present from my sister, but apparently she's more important than I am. [/kicks dirt]

Keep an eye on FB marketplace for buckets, you can usually get once-used food grade buckets dirt cheap, with lids. Although $4 for a bucket & lid is pretty good.

Gotta get a bumper dumper if you are a true blue roadhunter though...Tailgate for a backrest makes it soooo much easier to hunt all day.
cropped-bdonallanstruck1-e1435708697742-300x275.jpeg

A real man can reach into his SHITI cooler in the bed of ol' rusty and crack a coldie while doin' his bidness....

One of my good buddies in Nashville put a big old Igloo sticker on the rear window of his beater F150 in response to the proliferation of Yeti stickers on every local $75,000 luxury mall-crawling truck.

Same dude also made himself a window sticker of Calvin peeing on a Mercedes logo when he had a junked out barely running BMW in high school.

Real vanguard in the subtle art of poking fun at superfluous status symbols, that guy.

As someone with a couple of dozen coolers, those guys are full of it on some of these videos.

There are also videos on YouTube laying out the case as to why the earth is flat.

Now is a Yeti so much better as to be worth the difference in price? Nope, not to me. There are less expensive rotomolded options that work just as well, however it should stand to reason that a cooler with more and better insulation...well it insulates better.
Yup. Just spent six days camping in moab and cedar mesa with our 150 qt Coleman extreme. Thing worked like a champ.

Fire hose and sheetmetal screws. Best cooler lid hinge ever...

I tend to use old belt pieces for igloo hinges, in Az.
they only last one summer, but so do the belts when
you are in the lake 24/7 with cutoffs on! Recycle folks... 💥 (y)
The cooler is never closed anyway!!!:cool:

Do you
I tend to use old belt pieces for igloo hinges, in Az.
they only last one summer, but so do the belts when
you are in the lake 24/7 with cutoffs on! Recycle folks... 💥 (y)
The cooler is never closed anyway!!!:cool:
Do you put your mullet in a ponytail when you swim in your cutoffs, or just free ball it?

I like the smaller yetis my wife and I got as wedding gifts. I also really like the bigger Lifetime rotomolded cooler I picked up in a road ditch and if it wasn’t for that cooler I probably would have a bigger yeti.

I will say this, I had two Igloo coolers. After a few years, all of the hinges and latches broke. They retained ice fine, but the rest was so cheaply built I got rid of them. Most of the rotomolded coolers have better hinges and latches.
Replacement hinges and latches are easy to find and cheap. You can go through two or three sets in the long, long life of an Igloo cooler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back