I ain't 30 anymore.

Congrats on a great hunt, AND the new pup. Like the color on that bear.

Congratulations on that absolutely magnificent bear… The color is beautiful. At 67 years of age everything hurts but, I hunt on seeking new adventures in the game fields of America……. I consider meeting my end on a mountain top or a waterfowl marsh much more preferable than in an old folks home…. Hunt On!

That is a choice coloured bear, good to see young fellas out there knocking them over

I just had about a .5lb hamburger made of this bear. Man, that was good. I remember the last bear I shot, we tried burgers with that one, but it was awfully chewy and gristly. On this one I was a lot more careful with trimming away the junk and actually ran the burger meat through the meat grinder twice. That's probably the way to go.

Also, my wife sliced up some steak the other night and made Asian stir fry. That also was very good.

Bears are not elk or deer, but they sure can be good eating if handled the right way.

I just had about a .5lb hamburger made of this bear. Man, that was good. I remember the last bear I shot, we tried burgers with that one, but it was awfully chewy and gristly. On this one I was a lot more careful with trimming away the junk and actually ran the burger meat through the meat grinder twice. That's probably the way to go.

Also, my wife sliced up some steak the other night and made Asian stir fry. That also was very good.

Bears are not elk or deer, but they sure can be good eating if handled the right way.
@VikingsGuy knows how to cook up a bear. I've only had bear 2x and his was, by far, the best. I might have tried harder to kill one in AK, had I known they could be that good. ;)

Gorgeous bear! And remember, as you age, if you wake up and something doesn't hurt, you're dead. ;)
The aches and pains of getting older do suck. The old man now his mid 70's. Drove it home a few years ago and watched me shuffle across the floor to get my boots and take the kids out on a hike. He says, "The weather is going to hell, you tweaked your back yesterday loading the deer where you going?" I replied, " I told them I would take them out and wasn't going to hunt anything for myself until they did. " He looks at me and says back, "You ain't no spring chicken.". And he helped me get my boots on. I had just turned 40....I'm 43 now.

Awesome bear!!

The key is to not stop moving because as soon as your ass hits that seat you are done. Beautiful bear!!! Congrats!!

The aches and pains of getting older do suck. The old man now his mid 70's. Drove it home a few years ago and watched me shuffle across the floor to get my boots and take the kids out on a hike. He says, "The weather is going to hell, you tweaked your back yesterday loading the deer where you going?" I replied, " I told them I would take them out and wasn't going to hunt anything for myself until they did. " He looks at me and says back, "You ain't no spring chicken.". And he helped me get my boots on. I had just turned 40....I'm 43 now.

Awesome bear!!
The old man is trip. So fortunate to still go with him. Although, his idea of deer blind is his Jeep Wrangler, Smoking his pipe, And watching "his"spot.

Speaking of old men and deer hunting, the last time I shot a deer with my elk hunting mentor, we were just going out for my wife to shoot a deer. I wasn't even going to take a rifle, but she insisted. Pretty stiff wind. She was outside, freezing her lovely ass off, and we were in the truck, yukking it up and telling lies. Caught movement, and there was a 6 point moving across a clearing pretty quick way behind my wife. Snuck out of the truck crawled a few yards, and shot him in the neck.

She did get a nice buck later, and he died that winter.

Like losing a father, except since my father died when I was 7, I never really knew him.

This one I knew.

So, cherish your time, me lads and lassies.

Speaking of old men and deer hunting, the last time I shot a deer with my elk hunting mentor, we were just going out for my wife to shoot a deer. I wasn't even going to take a rifle, but she insisted. Pretty stiff wind. She was outside, freezing her lovely ass off, and we were in the truck, yukking it up and telling lies. Caught movement, and there was a 6 point moving across a clearing pretty quick way behind my wife. Snuck out of the truck crawled a few yards, and shot him in the neck.

Like losing a father, except since my father died when I was 7, I never really knew him.

This one I knew.

We do. They are full of knowledge, some of which your mothers may never want you to learn, it's the simple phrases that you remember.

Thank you for sharing that Longbow51.

This one I knew.

Yep. Staring down some losses myself. It ain't easy. mtmuley

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back