Caribou Gear Tarp

I ain't 30 anymore.

crock239

Congrats on a great hunt, AND the new pup. Like the color on that bear.

Congratulations on that absolutely magnificent bear… The color is beautiful. At 67 years of age everything hurts but, I hunt on seeking new adventures in the game fields of America……. I consider meeting my end on a mountain top or a waterfowl marsh much more preferable than in an old folks home…. Hunt On!

kiwi hunter

That is a choice coloured bear, good to see young fellas out there knocking them over

Brian in Montana

I just had about a .5lb hamburger made of this bear. Man, that was good. I remember the last bear I shot, we tried burgers with that one, but it was awfully chewy and gristly. On this one I was a lot more careful with trimming away the junk and actually ran the burger meat through the meat grinder twice. That's probably the way to go.

Also, my wife sliced up some steak the other night and made Asian stir fry. That also was very good.

Bears are not elk or deer, but they sure can be good eating if handled the right way.

BrentD

I just had about a .5lb hamburger made of this bear. Man, that was good. I remember the last bear I shot, we tried burgers with that one, but it was awfully chewy and gristly. On this one I was a lot more careful with trimming away the junk and actually ran the burger meat through the meat grinder twice. That's probably the way to go.

Also, my wife sliced up some steak the other night and made Asian stir fry. That also was very good.

Bears are not elk or deer, but they sure can be good eating if handled the right way.
@VikingsGuy knows how to cook up a bear. I've only had bear 2x and his was, by far, the best. I might have tried harder to kill one in AK, had I known they could be that good. ;)

FairWeather

Inspiring story. I’m 31, and that sounds like more exertion than I’m confident I could muster.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared123