Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Hunting the BOB

birddog32

Just wondered if anyone here hunted the Bob near the Chinese wall this year and if so how did things go. Am new here, wisconsin whitetail hunter. Have bucket elk hunt booked for 2011 in Montana. Can't wait to go. Thanks for your time

I didn't go in the Bob this year, but heard mixed reviews of the folks coming out of there. Kind of the old saying about 10% of the hunters kill 90% of the elk. The guys that killed bulls are the ones that always kill bulls.

Love to see it, but I have never been there. I can spell it backwards though.

What is a bucket elk hunt?

Who are you going with?

I guide flyfishermen for an outfitter who runs Bob hunts in the fall.

Yes it's a bucket hunt. Always wanted to do it but finally things have come together and with my daughter in Air Force and stationed in Great Falls and the rest of the kids grown the time is now. Going with Tucker Mills. By the way, not a fat cat hunter. Have worked in a cheese factory for 35 years and saved here and there. Something I have to do before I can't. An elk would be just super but.......just going somewhere that has intrigued me for years will be priceless. Thanks for the response guys.

Best of luck with your plans and hunt birddog, sounds like you've earned that experience.

Back