Caribou Gear Tarp

Archery Hunting: middle of the day

I've been hunting muzzle loader here in Colorado the last couple days, so far the bugling has been starting around 10am and stopping by 10:30am. Seems strange, but my experience this year, mid day has had the most action.
View attachment 291937
We tried working into this bull before he quit bugling, and 15 minutes later at 10:45, he calmly passed my trail cam 80 yards out of range. Two more bull encounters and about a dozen cows, all between 9am and 2pm.
Is this an OTC unit??

No, but it is a low point unit, low enough that it's an easy draw and still plenty of pressure. At least enough pressure that I was surprised to hear any 4 legged bugles.
I see - I only ask because everyone I speak with says OTC units you typically won't hear bugling at all.. awesome to hear you're having some action like that! Best of luck!

I see - I only ask because everyone I speak with says OTC units you typically won't hear bugling at all.. awesome to hear you're having some action like that! Best of luck!
I've heard the same thing and it's probably true. I've herd bugling in OTC units before, but its always been right at the end of shooting light, too late to do anything about it. Good luck, hopefully you find some action.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back