Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

RMEF elk hunt auction

I’m in the MI statewide raffle next week. It’s a 1 in 18 chance at a guided CO elk hunt near meeker. They sold it as this great trip but the more I looked into it the more I’m not sure. There is a whole lot of no information on the outfitter and by the looks of some of the pics it’s a raghorn express experience. Think it may be a good one to transfer to my kid if we win.
Are you attending the River Raisin banquet? If so my son and BIL will be there.

So….there is this double sided sword in which NGOs are always up against with these hunts:

The NGOs are trying to make money with an auction or raffle.
The outfitters are trying to book hunters

Somewhere in the middle, is the line of the shady/new/small/inexperienced outfitters that are willing to donate hunts and the top notch places that cost the NGO way more money before the auction/raffle even happens.

Based on experience with NGO it’s a nightmare. Some totally awesome experiences, some not so much.

I wish I had an answer for OP. But, I feel like asking around ahead of time is a good start.

Bought a bird hunt with a big-name Montana outfitter at a banquet once. Paid little over half price for it and that just how the outfitter treated us. I'll never buy a hunt at a banquet again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back