Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Hunting season preparations, what did you do today?

This isn’t all the dinners I’m still working out breakfast and lunch. The biscuits and gravy are my favorite just needs more pepper. I like the granola; I was going to do oatmeal but these have a lot more calories. Got peak fuel meals coming.

Funny, at my local Sportsman's Warehouse, all the MH are wiped out except Biscuits & gravy and Granola. I figured they were the least popular. Now I want to try them.

Got all my meals prepared and put into individual day bags (1g ziplock) so I can grab and go depending.
Did the whole spreadsheet thing. Right around 4000 calories each day. Learned a ton. One lesson being “screw variety”. Make two days with favorites; copy, paste, go.

Went to the local Farm supply store and purchased my Iowa early Muzzeloader license plus a doe tag.
Then scheduled hunting truck for transmission fluid & filter change, getting it ready to go.
Then shot Trap and worked at the Club loading trap houses and helping out.

Yesterday I:
Sharpened knives.
Assembled kill kit.
Packed hunting chest with all my gear, clothes.
Loaded pack for first day: 1st aid kit, kill kit, rain gear, puffy, waterproof cover.
Put new rangefinder on lanyard and put on bino harness.
Packed dry goods/food chest.
Updated tablet, charged electronics... GPS, two battery/power packs.
Load ammo for the hunt.
All that is left is to shoot both rifles to confirm zero.

I’ll try to feel sorry for the folks who can’t buy this beautiful piece of green paper over the counter....
75CB418E-FC92-44DD-88EB-B4EB755D4BE2.jpeg

Got all my meals prepared and put into individual day bags (1g ziplock) so I can grab and go depending.
Did the whole spreadsheet thing. Right around 4000 calories each day. Learned a ton. One lesson being “screw variety”. Make two days with favorites; copy, paste, go.

Wanna do my meal prep, pretty please!

Seriously though 4,000 a day...car camping? I feel like I struggle to break 2,000 for a backpack trip.

Back