Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Hunting GPS Maps promo

Nine more days to get your name in the hat for the GPS drawing. I am sure everyone could use a new Oregon600 from Garmin.

The wife and I have been home shopping on the Western Slope (Colorado) for the last month, the google earth add on has been a awesome tool to find a piece of property that backs to BLM land and just to know who owns what in our search. We know more than the realtor and current landowner before we step on the property. Already worth the money even before hunting season.

Now just please draw my name for the new GPS:D, need a updated one!

Thanks for the great reviews! Hopefully everybody has been happy with the promo I think it has gone pretty smoothly except for a couple hiccups with our website here and there. We are up to 61 entries for the GPS drawing with another week to go!

Matt

On the google earth add on, mine is just showing white outlines on the property lines but not any colors. I'm assuming that is the way it was designed?

Also, I'm trying to figure out the GMU boundaries and stuff in Google Earth, also a few areas I'm looking at the property ownership doesn't seem to be showing. I guess I'm going to have to read the instructions.

On the google earth add on, mine is just showing white outlines on the property lines but not any colors. I'm assuming that is the way it was designed?

Also, I'm trying to figure out the GMU boundaries and stuff in Google Earth, also a few areas I'm looking at the property ownership doesn't seem to be showing. I guess I'm going to have to read the instructions.

Just give them a call, great customer service, they will walk you through any troubleshooting

Thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these maps for my Dakota 20, but the question i have is ..... I currently have waypoints, tracks, etc saved directly on my unit (do not have expansion chip installed) If I purchase a map will my current waypoints/tracks overlay on the maps contents. Example: I want to purchase the Colorado maps, will my previously saved honey holes still show on the map when I install the Co. hunt maps chip ? I also have a 60CSx, but like using the Dakato 20 due to size & touch screen, would there be any performance differences with one vs. the other? Thanks for any advice.

Yes, your waypoints, tracks, etc. will overlay right onto the more detailed map when you put the chip in. Get it while they have this promo going as you can't beat these chips! There should be no performance issues between the two devices if you want to use the chip in either of them as it suits your fancy.

Topgun - Thanks for your reply. I'm on it, will purchase ASAP! Thanks again!

I wonder why they don't offer a once in a lifetime free upgrade for their chips, instead of a cut off date of Dec 1

Just purchased my Colorado hunt maps, can't wait for Sept.! Matt - pack up that Oregon 600 and start the journey shipping to Ohio...... i'm feeling lucky on this Friday! Good luck to all in the drawing!

Five more days to take advantage of this great promo and maybe get your name drawn as the winner of the GPS unit.

I just added the CO Google Earth map to your account. We will be announcing the winner next Thursday for the GPS. Garmin has done a really nice job with their new Oregon series so one of you is gonna be pretty happy with it.

Just purchased my Colorado hunt maps, can't wait for Sept.! Matt - pack up that Oregon 600 and start the journey shipping to Ohio...... i'm feeling lucky on this Friday! Good luck to all in the drawing!

Doee the Google Earth dowload count for the drawing?

I bought the WY download in 2011, but I'm going to order the google earth download ($40) today. Does that qualify for the gps drawing? I doubt it, but I thought it was worth checking.

Thanks for a great product! Don't sell too many chips or else other guys might start hunting the honeyholes we've been targeting :)

You guys kept me busy this morning! I think I have added the GE map to everybody who emailed me over the weekend. Let me know if I missed anybody. 3 more days to go!

Just got off the phone with Matt. Great customer service. Ordered the Colorado chip and map. Probably going to have to order another chip when I win the 600 GPS. Thanks Matt. Jim.

Just ordered the Wyoming Chip, Thanks Randy and Matt for the chance to win a 600.

I just ordered the colorado download. I hope I win.
Thanks for the deal Randy and Matt.

Back