Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Hunting GPS Maps promo

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
OK guys, here is the deal of the summer. We have been working with the great folks over at Hunting GPS Maps, exclusive to Hunt Talk members who use the promo code "HuntTalk" when they purchase.

You know I have been using their map chips since they started and how integral they are to our hunting success. They are truly one of those "How did I live without this" kind of items you find every so often.

From now, through July 31, for each GPS map (either SD card or download) you buy from Hunting GPS maps with the "HuntTalk" promo code you will be entered into a HuntTalk only drawing for a Garmin Oregon 600 GPS.

***** In addition, with your map purchase, you will get:
---> a free Google Earth Map (a $40 value)
---> AND a free Season Four On Your Own Adventures DVD
---> AND Free Shipping.​

Here is what you need to do.

1. Go to this link and order your map, or if you are like me, order your maps (as in plural) - http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com?acc=45c48cce2e2d7fbdea1afc51c7c6ad26

2. When you check out, enter the following promo code - “HuntTalk” (it is case sensitive) This will enter you into the HuntTalk only drawing for the GPS unit. The DVD will be added to your cart.

3. Forward a copy of your email receipt and HuntTalk handle to Matt Seidel ([email protected]) with the State Google Earth Map you want and he will add it to your account. (Note that all Premium States will have a Google Earth map available by hunting season, this means the addition of ND, MN, WI, PA, IN, OH, and possible Texas, New York, and Michigan so let Matt know what you are looking for and he can fill you in more.)

3. Wait until early August when we announce the winner of the GPS and hope it is you.

4. Use your GPS map to find more animals and fill more tags.

It’s that easy. Thanks to the great folks at Hunting GPS maps. If you have any questions post them up here on Hunt Talk, or send a Hunt Talk PM to Matt (seidelm), or send Matt an email at [email protected]

You all know that I am not big on promotion of gear, unless it is really good stuff. These maps are great. Without them, we would not be hunting many or the areas we do and our success would be much lower.

Here is the GPS you will be in the drawing for - One just like what you see at this link - http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/garmin-oregon-600-gps

HUNT-Oregon-GPS-Computer-MT-BaseCamp-Web.png

This was on my list to get up until Wednesday when I didn't draw my tag. Back on my list now.

Does this include if I just order an update to a map I already have?

Thanks Randy for getting this going. The Google Earth maps retail for $40 dollars so a great deal. Let me know if anybody needs help.

Matt

Also if you order in June you will be entered into our drawing for another Oregon 600 that we are doing for 4th of July on our website right now. Double your chances!

I have been looking at the Rocky N cards think I may go ahead and get it now. Thanks. Already have MT/WY downloaded I like the cards though. Very helpful tool has gotten me outta a pinch more than once.

It looks like this software is only avail for Garmin brand devices. Do they offer any for Magellan brands?

Bummer. I already have the map chips (Thanks, Oak) or downloads for New Mexico, Colorado and Wyoming. I guess I will have to hunt some more states. Don't leave home without it.

Man, in wonder if one of these would come in handy for a WY elk hunt this November? Guess I better check my eTrex and make sure everything is compatible.

Man, in wonder if one of these would come in handy for a WY elk hunt this November? Guess I better check my eTrex and make sure everything is compatible.

***If you have a newer etrex that takes a chip, the chips are invaluable and you better get one during this great promo!

bought mine 2011 season. Fantastic product!
2012 - well not really on my mind to update.
this year... Updating as I type. MT_PLAT4GPS. Though I believe it is doing an entire new install?

This is the example screen that matches the screen I have. I clicked the "Download (for PC)"

gps-map-desktop-download-update-purchased.jpg

This is the screen I should have to conduct an update(?) as it has the "Update your map" icon.

gps-map-desktop-download-update.jpg

I have this on my computer currently - integrated with my Garmin Base Camp program. My question after assessing above actions - Have I now used my 2nd download option that I would have for my hunting laptop? Another question - If from 2011, will I need to pay an update fee for 2012 and 2013? Or because I am using my additional download to replace my current one on this desktop - will that install the 2013 version?

If anyone is familiar with the above - feel free to smack some sense into my noggin - I've found it is very receptive to getting smacked around. HAHA!

Thanks. :eek:

Sytes let me help out. First thing is downloading the map is different than unlocking it. You have unlimited downloads forever to any computer you want. Unlocks are specific just for GPS units so you still have 1 of those left.

You only have to pay the current update price ($20 dollars for MT) to update to that years map even if you have skipped a couple years.

So basically when you hit download map after you pay for the update you will get the new version. Also we will have another new version for MT next week which you will get for free as well.

Cheers,
Matt

Appreciate the response, Matt! As mentioned before, a fantastic product!

seidelm,

Any particular reason the huntinggpsmaps.com site says the coupon code "HuntTalk" is not valid? Tried putting WY/MT downloads in the cart but it wouldn't recognize the code.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back